Hello All

Dortoh1

Hello all, being new to the forum I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Doug and I've been an HO modeler for about 18 years now. I don't have a layout of my own, but I am part of a group of modelers that meet once a week at a friend layout for operating or working on the layout, or our own equipment. I do most of the painting for the group because I am a professional automotive painter. I am also in the process of helping one of the guys build his own layout. Both are big basement sized layouts.
I don't model any particular railroad but I do have a fondness for the N&W, C&O and Central of Georgia. I have my own freelanced railroad, the Roanoke & Western, that I am just now starting to build a few locomotives for in case I do ever find enough room to build my own layout.
I have enjoyed what I have seen on the forum so far and I hope to participate as much as I can.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. Oh, and we like pictures! :D Pictures of your custom paint jobs, friend's layout, whatever. It's nice to see as well as hear about what you are up to.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. Oh, and we like pictures! :D Pictures of your custom paint jobs, friend's layout, whatever. It's nice to see as well as hear about what you are up to.
Well here are a couple of shots of my friend Carl's layout where I spend one night a week. One is a shot of part of the engine yard, the other is of some of the scenery with hand carved plaster rock work.
View attachment 25527View attachment 25528
If you search my posts you will some of my paint projects already posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a very nice layout to run on. Every time I see that many locomotives in one place I can't help but think of the price. I know people don't buy them all at once, but man there is some money tied up in that scene! Thanks for the pictures.:)

Back