Search results

1. B

will it fit

Will an Athearn GP40-2 shell fit over an Atlas Gp40 chassis? Would it need some minor modifications to fit or a major overhall? Thanks.
  2. B

how to disconnect gears from F9B?

I have HO Intermountain FP9 and F9B diesels bought new in 2010. Running together they draw too much power from my power pack ( MRC 280 dual) and run very slow ( 25-30 MPH) at full throttle. By themselves each one runs about the same speed with sufficient enough power to pull all my passenger...
  3. B

passenger car interiors

I just bought an HO scale Athearn Streamlined coach, about 72' long, and am looking for an interior for it. Any suggestions where I could find one? Thanks, Bo.
  4. B

tender derailing

I have a fairly new HO scale Proto 2000 Heritage steam engine 0-8-0. Runs fine, but on the tender by all 8 wheels attached to the trucks and underbody of the tender are chains dangling down. These chains hang down quite a way and often get caught on switch tracks and derail the tender. I want to...
  5. B

headlight

I have an Atlas HO S4 diesel switcher with non directional headlights, ( so Atlas says ). I only run in DC mode. The headlight on the cab side doesn't work, the front one always works in forward or reverse. I bought it as new old stock and it looks new, a good runner. I'm assuming either the...
  6. B

lionel caboose

I have a chance to buy an HO scale lionel caboose but know nothing about them. Looks like truck mounted couplers from the picture, can change them out to body mounted. Could add detail too as required. Is the general quality par with Athearn or the lower quality Model Power for example? Thanks...
  7. B

painting

I'm about to repaint and decal an HO scale Atlas MP-15DC switcher. First time at doing this, do the shells come off these diesels easy enough or is it a major task? I've already taken the railings off. Thought I would ask those in the know before trying the shell. Thanks.
  8. B

painting caboose

Will be painting a roundhouse HO scale caboose with windows in it. I have painted before and added the windows later, but this is a second hand caboose with windows glued on the inside. What in the best method to cover the windows in preparation of paint or maybe I should say the best tape to...
  9. B

Lima steam locomotive

Thinking of buying a lightly used Lima 0-4-0 switcher steam locomotive but have never heard of the brand name. Where are they made, and do they fit into the fair or good quality catagory of manufacturers? Thanks.
  10. B

diaphragms

Are diaphragms made for 72' concor smoothside cars and who makes them? Would they handle a 22" radius?
  11. B

cleaning wheels

I have 2 Intermountain diesel engines, the FP9 and the FB unit. Noticed this year both units are running very slow. Both units about 2 years old with about 4 hours running time on each. I keep the track very clean I thought, as I also have a very long haired and shedding dog. As it turns out all...
  12. B

failing power pack

I have a small layout 10'x 5' and use Tech 4 MRC 280 dual. Bought it last year and everything worked great. Haven't used it for 6 months as I run G scale in the summer. Just tried it now and it's producing half the volts it was last year. Tried 6 different engines with the same results. The unit...
  13. B

diaphragms

Are there any diaphragms for sale that fit HO 72' smoothside Con Cor passenger cars? Thanks.
  14. B

passenger cars

I've had a few HO Con-Cor passenger cars for years without interiors and lighting and received awhile back a newsletter from Con-Cor saying they have a Branchline-Commuter & Suburban line of cars available. I think it's time to upgrade and looking at the pictures these Pullman heavyweight 65'ers...
  15. B

interior lighting

Has anyone tried installing Rapido Easy-Peasy lighting in ConCor 72' smoothside passenger cars? Do they fit, or are they too long and need to be shortened? Thought I'd ask before I attempt taking the roof off. Thanks.
  16. B

track lighting

I have 2 Bachmann passenger cars with track pickup interior lighting. The electrical pickups are on all 8 wheels. This creates a huge drag on each car, like the brakes are on. I'm wondering if all 8 wheels need a pickup for the lights to work, or if just pickup on 2 or 4 wheels a car would be...
  17. B

free rolling boxcars

I have a mix of rolling stock, Athearn, Atlas, Walthers, Roundhouse and Accurail. All the stock is within a year old and new except Roundhouse which is new old stock. Most of what I bought came with metal wheels except Roundhouse and Accurail. I replaced the Roundhouse and Accurail with metal...
  18. B

shining boxcar

I bought a boxcar at a train show fleamarket with a homemade paint job and decals. The road name I was looking for,I thought he did a great job in painting and shades. But not good enough for him as he thought the shades where out, so he sold it. He said it's incomplete as I will have to dull...
  19. B

wobbling cars

I bought a few Accurail cars, nice kits to put together glued in the weight, swapped in metal wheels and kadee couplers. Two of them wobble like their in an earthquake when running slow or fast. They never derail or uncouple, just look weird on the track with that wobble. I tried loosening and...
  20. B

passenger car lighting

I have four 72' smoothside passenger cars from Concor. I'd like to smoke the windows ( as they don't have interiors ) and add battery operated lighting. Evidently the plastic is connected to the roof that goes inside the car which are the windows. To smoke or tint the windows the roof has to...

Back