Search results

1. tenwheeler

Union Pacific's #844 enroute to KC....

Here are a few shots of UP's 4-8-4 at a stop-over at Liberty, MO en route to Kansas City's Union Station. Bob
  2. tenwheeler

Red Oak, IA derailment....

Here are some shots from the BNSF coal train derailment at Red Oak, IA.... quite a mess !!! Bob :eek:
  3. tenwheeler

New layout (progress photo's...)

After tearing out my old layout, I have been working away on the new one... but once my small train room had it's benchwork cleared out, I thought I would correct all those little details that bugged me for so long. First off, I had a 2 bulb florescent fixture that didn't throw enough light...
  4. tenwheeler

UP Steam schedule...

Here is the Union Pacific's Steam Schedule for 2007.... Bob http://www.upsteam.com/schedule.html#schedule
  5. tenwheeler

Union Pacific's 2007 Steam Schedule....

Just an FYI on the UP's schedule for their 4-8-4, and their 4-6-6-4 lokeys... Bob ********************************************************** Union Pacific's 2007 Steam Schedule.... Here's some more info about Union Pacific's plans as written in the Colorado Time-Table. UP...
  6. tenwheeler

KCS photo shoot....

Just an FYI item... on Sat. April 21st, from 4pm to 6pm KCS will have a photo shoot at the Kansas City Union Station. They will have the KCS F-unit #34 and a set of cars, along side their new Southern Belle loco # 3997. Bob
  7. tenwheeler

Always read the instructions....

If you're going to off-load a tank car, don't forget to open the vent..... and whatta ya' want to bet, some Division Mgr. somewhere is going to really be upset. Bob :mad:
  8. tenwheeler

"Class" train....

Nothing really spectacular, but I spotted this one just east of Topeka... what caught my eye was that the entire train was all KLine containers. Before I could get back to the car, I caught this last shot of a west bound.... Bob
  9. tenwheeler

Booneville-MKT photos

Here are a couple of KATY shots taken in Booneville, MO.... I sure love that old bridge. Bob
  10. tenwheeler

"Jigsaw" Enginehouse.....

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a train show and spotted a Model Masterpieces kit (Kit #119, 2 Stall Engine House with Power House). I had seen one on Ebay, but when it topped $160.00+ in bids, I stopped watching! I started to pick up the box, and the dealer said "I'll make you a good deal...
  11. tenwheeler

An awesome Train Cam movie.....

The Edmonton Model Railroad Association has posted a 17 minute train cam movie that is really something to see. I think I am correct on this, so tell me if I am wrong... but I did not see the same scenery twice in the entire movie. Their layout must really be mammoth ! They list 380 feet plus as...
  12. tenwheeler

Background clouds...

I have my contoured walls in place for my layout's background, and have painted them sky blue... but I am wondering what is the best method for painting on the clouds ? (Sponge, brush, spray can, air brush...) I am not an artist, so I need some advise on the best way(s) to proceed from this...
  13. tenwheeler

Proposed HO scale layout... needs an evaluation

I thought I would fly this one past the forum while I am still finishing up my background. I only have a small area that used to be my home office.... it is an L-shaped area 12.5 feet by 6.75 feet. It will be only be accessible from the front side and a "pop-up" area that can be lifted up, in...
  14. tenwheeler

New guy on the block....

Since I am new to this forum, I thought I had better introduce myself. A couple of years back, I retired for the second time and my wife told me I needed a hobby (she even referred to my old hobby of HO scale model railroading, which I had to put aside back in 1964...). With an "opening" like...

Back