Search results

1. doct0rnic

Dont buy Athearn Genesis GP9

my friend had a large order of athearn gp northern pacific gp 9s and was not happy, the biggest issue was the hood was two scale inches shorter than it should, the paint was off, the window was larger than prototypical and numerous other detail problems. I cancelled my order of BN gps...
  2. doct0rnic

Anyone here work for the Montana Rail link?

I have been hearing a lot of rumors around work about how the BNSF is trying to buy the lease back from the MRL, if anyone here works for them, is that true?
  3. doct0rnic

BN baggage car

http://rrpicturearchives.net/rspicture.aspx?id=471700 I was wondering if anyone has tried to build this, I purchased one of walthers MOW baggage cars but it was missing the square windows, the vestibule, side window and chimney, also I thought it was too nice of a car to paint but since the...
  4. doct0rnic

BNSF Mandan Yard, Mandan North Dakota

The only picture I can find of Mandan yard is Google earth, so I drew up a rough sketch of how the yard works and if you choose to model it you can piece the areas together from the aerial photo and the drawing. The main line has to be about a mile and half long, East bound coal loads arrive...
  5. doct0rnic

Flex track

Anyone know of a good brand of code 83 flex track, preferable a brand thats pretty tight, not so loose as say atlas?
  6. doct0rnic

Atlas super switch

I am starting a new layout, my old layout had to be destroyed due to Mold on the wood so I am going to build the Central Midland, my old layout was the Granite Gorge and Northern and I really loved it but the basement flooded and spawned a lot of mold on the wood, Now I have been shopping for...
  7. doct0rnic

Empire builder

I am trying to find out information on how many and what kind of cars GN had in their empire builder consist. What I would like to know is how many sleepers they used, how many baggage cars they had and how many coaches per trip, if any one has information on this subject or where to find the...
  8. doct0rnic

Empire Builder

My Empire builder in Progress I still need the vista domes, and I would like some more sleepers and coaches, I have ten cars total, all of them BN, the great dome named glacier view is by far the rarest and most expensive car on my train and is also the crown jewel my empire builder.
  9. doct0rnic

Speed restrictions

List of cars that are restricted to certain speeds,if your freight train has a car with the following reporting marks, your train is restricted to the maximum authorized speed of that freight car. For prototypical accuracy, copied from BNSF special instructions...
  10. doct0rnic

Walthers lighting kit

I have been buying a lot of walthers passenger cars and was going to buy the lighting kits for them, but my friends said that they run too hot and end up melting the roofs of the cars, I would like to know if anyone has used the kits and had any trouble with them?
  11. doct0rnic

woodland hobb E tac

Does anyone know if woodland Scenics HobbE tac is the same stuff as regular tacky glue? Is there a cheaper alternative to hobbE tac? Ben
  12. doct0rnic

Tam Valley Frog Juicer

I was thinking about using the frog juicer from tam valley, I found out about this product from model railroader, they were putting this device on their layout, I was just inquiring if anyone here has ever used them and if they are reliable.
  13. doct0rnic

mossy rocks

anyone have any good tips of modeling moss on rocks, I am wanting to make a river that has moss on the rocks similar to rivers in the northwest.
  14. doct0rnic

Dyed saw dust

I was reading in a really old Atlas track plan book, and they talked about using dyed sawdust for the grass, has any one tried this method when making grass and how do you do it?
  15. doct0rnic

painting rocks

I am in the process of building mountains and going to paint the mountain a light looking gray like rocks , but some of these mountains I want them to look like giant rocks, I am looking for suggestions of what kind of washes to use when making a really good rock, the look I am trying to...
  16. doct0rnic

layout design

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24471&stc=1&d=1296345782 Below is a picture of this layout my friend wants to do but does know where to find the book that its in, if anybody recognizes this plan or a book to find it let me know thanks. Ben
  17. doct0rnic

How old are YOU?

Hi Everybody! I am starting a poll, I would like to know how many model railroaders are 35 and younger. I am curious after talking to an old man at the train club and he is worried about younger generations taking on model railroading. I'll go first. I am 25 and started doing this as a...
  18. doct0rnic

Quantom Engineer

Quantum Engineer I have questions about the quantum engineer that walthers makes, atlas makes one two. The quantum Engineer is a control board for activating sound on sound engines for DC layouts. Now can you only operate one engine or can you use the quantum engineer for several engines?
  19. doct0rnic

Riverrossi steam engine

I have an older steam engine made by riverossi and the brass drive gear is shot. Does any one know where to get parts for these older steam engines?
  20. doct0rnic

can long passenger trains fit on 18" turns

I am in the process in building a layout that has 18" inch curves but have a very long amtrak train, each car is a streamline coach but the couplers are attached to the trucks and not the body, I cant tell you much about the cars because they have not came in the mail yet. some people say no...

Back