Search results

1. Mike Nowakowski

Realistic Switches

I have decided that i am going to use #8 on the crossovers and #6 in the yards. But what i am getting at is who sells the switches with out the sheet metal points that move? I am looking for the ones that have the rail as the points. I know Atlas is the one with the sheet metal points.
  2. Mike Nowakowski

Realistic Switches

I am going to start building a new layout and am wondering what switch number should i use for crossovers and in the yard that would be eaqual to the real railroad, a class 1 railroad. And what are the best looking and good quality switches. Thanks, Mike
  3. Mike Nowakowski

Athearn Genesis SD60I Help

Did you use a baffle markdeimling ????
  4. Mike Nowakowski

Yes this will help thanks
  5. Mike Nowakowski

I recently purchased one just the DC one but it has room for upgrading to DCC I found a decoder that i would like to use in it http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/tsunami/1000gn.php#bot But I need to know if that one would work and where i can get a speaker that fits the holder that is in the...
  6. Mike Nowakowski

floquil paint markers

so can i just get rust spraypaint and use that to weather my track then?
  7. Mike Nowakowski

floquil paint markers

So do you think if i just purchased some rust color paint and painted the rails that would work, and the tie plates?
  8. Mike Nowakowski

floquil paint markers

So do you think if i just but some rust color paint and paint the rails that would work and the tie plates?
  9. Mike Nowakowski

floquil paint markers

So larry all you do is paint the rails with rust color? Or do you mix the paints togeather to get rust color?
  10. Mike Nowakowski

floquil paint markers

do they work well? I want to get some to weather my track.
  11. Mike Nowakowski

Best track for your money?

I so far always use Atlas track. But what track is the best quality and best looking for your money?
  12. Mike Nowakowski

Superelevating Curves?

How do you do it in HO Scale? I possibially heard using masking tape and cardboard?
  13. Mike Nowakowski

Brown Sand?

I think i will buy the sand and crush it up with a tamper.
  14. Mike Nowakowski

Brown Sand?

I hope to go there one day but in the mean time on the internet can i find any? I already checked my hobby shops and no luck.
  15. Mike Nowakowski

Brown Sand?

I am looking to start to put the details on my Powder River Coal Basin line and in all the pictures i have seen there is a road next to the track in the heavier traffic area. So where can i get brown sand to simulate these roads?
  16. Mike Nowakowski

Flex track ends

O yeah its HO scale and i looked at atlas but i am not goint to buy that i figured i would find a way and i did, but how do you do it?
  17. Mike Nowakowski

Flex track ends

What do you do at the end of flex track for ties. I have been cutting the ties that are in the way out and cutting the spikes off and squeezing them under the rails after its soldered down and super gluing them in place.
  18. Mike Nowakowski

torotise wring help

got some other questions 1) do you think it would be worth powering my frogs, i have no problems running a locmomtive over the switch. 2) when i get a signal system set up is that all the connections i need to hook up to the signal and can someone give my advice on a good signal system...
  19. Mike Nowakowski

torotise wring help

I have the torotise swich machine its intalled and i have been using it for a wile its great. My question is what do you do with the other connections form the torotise all i use to make it work is the #1 and #8 connection. I heard its for signals, and can i get some pictures of people that are...
  20. Mike Nowakowski

Tortoise Installation

1) Is power supply of 4.7V 700Ma enough to power 12 of them 2) Is 22 Gauge wire running from the switch to the switch machine enough or should i go with a heavier wire. I am going to use 18 Gauge for a bus to the switches that make the torotise work.

Back