Athearn Genesis SD60I Help

Check Soundtraxx's own site under accessories located in the Quick links at the bottom of the page. I would also call them for their advice, as well as Tony's Train Exchange.

Good advice from Carey. The decoder will fit. I buy all of my Genesis DC only and do my own installs. I use Isobaric speakers and I also want full featured Tsunamis. Often the OEM Tsunamis have features omitted to keep costs down. I prefer "The Full Monte"! Tony's can fix you up with a speaker & baffle. make sure you use a baffle. They make a world of difference!

The SD60 should already have a hole in the rear of the frame for the speaker to mount into. Heres mine, its a stock Tsunami but its all the same thing. USe the Soundtraxx speaker 810054 for it or any 1 inch round will work. It already has the enclosure in the frame and is very loud when installed. The decoder you listed will work great, has 1.5 volt output for your lights, just solder the leads instead of the clips. Use the EMD 710 828052 TSU-GN1000, it has the right sound for your engine. Hope this helps.
IMG_1873.JPG

Back