Search results

1. D

Ditch lights question

hey uys i have a question, hopefully someone can help. i have a few athearn rtr and blue box GP38-2/GP60's i'm replacing the big cab bulb with actual headlights and im also adding ditch lights. im using athearn genesis light bulbs, engines are straights DC power. this is my first time trying to...
  2. D

Ditch Lights/Head Lights

can anyone show me how to replace that big likght bulb in the cab of a Athern RTR GP38-2 for the smaller headlights above the cab windows, also i need to learn how to wire in ditch lights.
  3. D

Show us ur cold storage/warehouse background buildings

im building a shelf layout soon and i wanna see u guys' warehouses and background buildings
  4. D

Show us your weathered boxcars and covered hoppers

i have recently bought an airbrush and started weathering my cars, so far i have only faded some and am very pleased with just the look with the fade. i want to get more detailed and start doing more to my cars like rust and stuff, can you fellas spare a few pics of ur weathered modern boxcars...
  5. D

Kcs gp40-2lw

does anyone know where i can get handrails for a GP40-2LW?
  6. D

Athearn rtr wheel replacement

hey guts i have 2 athearn c44-9w engines that have flat spots on the wheels. does anyone know where i can buy the wheels and how to swap them out? any tips would be greatly appreciated
  7. D

Ditch Lights replacement

hey guys how's everyone doin this lovely tuesday morning? i have a question. how do i replace the ditch lights on my Athearn Genesis SD70M?
  8. D

modern industries

hey guys im planning on building a layout early next month. im modeling UP and i was wondering if anyone has pictures of any modern industries (warehouses, scrap yards, etc.) that are common throughout the us that are switched frequently. i have tons of boxcars and i want to do switching. any...
  9. D

Patching a DRGW engine into UP

hey guys im patching a DRGW engine into a UP engine, i got it all done, my only problem is that i dont know how to remove the numbers from the number boards. any suggestions? its an athearn rtr gp40-2
  10. D

HO Scale Intermodal trains

Im thinkin about starting an intermodal train. Anyone have pics of any in ho scale? I wanna makw a modern UP train that i see every day leaving the yard by my house (ZMQLA). I know athearn makes the 53' containers for them but its hard finding cars to hold 53' containers. all i found was...
  11. D

Tower 55 Gevo Decoder Help

I have a gevo from tower 55 and i have a friend who wants to buy it from me, but he only has dc. the damn decoder in the thing is burned out anyways, is there any way i can modify it to run dc?
  12. D

need help with paint

hey guys, i made some background buildings out of foam insulation board (the pink one) i'm tryin to find paint to paint it but apparently everything i found at home depot will burn thru it (or so says the man in the paint dept). can anyone tell me what i can use?
  13. D

Ho scale help

does anyone know if i can fit this into a 6x2 layout? i wanna model one of these things but i dunno if i can do it in a 6x2. if so can someone make a trackplan for me in a 6x2 grid and what number turnouts do i need...
  14. D

Cutting plastic

hey guys, i recently bought a couple warehouse kits from rix. how can i make a clean cut thru the plastic? i tried with a hobby knife n it takes forever. tried with a dremel grinder, cuts thru but melts the plastic and make a rough edge. how do u guys do it? nothing too expensive please
  15. D

Tower 55 C45ACCTE

Hey guys, i'm wondering if someone can help me with this. I have a Union Pacific C45ACCTE from Tower 55 Explorer Series (Digitrax DCC/DCC and SoundFx), it was working judt fine. I dont have DCC so iw as running it DC, one day it just stopped running. Lights still work perfectly but engine does...
  16. D

Looking for dallas modern ho scale modelers

looking fo modern ho scale modelers in the dallas area. I live in south east dallas (Pleasant Grove) and i know not one modern modeler. im looking for ideas to make a layout, maybe i can see yous one day?

Back