Search results

1. R

Christmas Greetings

And a Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year. Slidin in here a bit late but still meanin the best to all. Russ
  2. R

The Return of the D&J Railroad

So sorry for your loss, Ken. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Russ
  3. R

Recommendations for First HO Steam Engine with Sound

I agree, great thread. Looking for help on future purchases. My question would be of all out there who has the best detail and authenticity. Thanks, Russ
  4. R

Bottle Brush Conifers

Well.....it will be a bit before I reach that stage. Just in the planning for a new layout. But will be glad to share what I have learned from what you are doing when I get there. Keep posting those pictures you are enhancing my planning. Russ
  5. R

Bottle Brush Conifers

Thanks for sharing Grampy. Very nice looking trees. I also enjoy viewing your layout. It is a very impressive job.
  6. R

Pros or Cons of thoughts on New HO layout

Thanks for the input. And for the XTrkCAD tutorial. Practicing as I have time.
  7. R

Thanks for the response. And for the request....it may be a long wait. I have just downloaded xtrkcad4, watched the demo and struggling.
  8. R

Here is what I have so far for a new layout. All thoughts, input and help is appreciated. HO Layout Plan – Steam era of late 1800 thru early 1900 The ATSF runs thru Dodge City, Kansas to Pueblo, Colo where a D&RGW line brings coal to a CF&I Steel Mill. The AT&SF brings freight and...
  9. R

delicate handrails, details and flimsy trucks

So things have changed a bit since I was a kid when we mixed flour and water together. :D Thanks for your reply. This thread was just in time. I was going back to by modelers glue. The type we use to put model planes and cars together with. Thanks again.
  10. R

delicate handrails, details and flimsy trucks

OK, more very basic help for the new guy. What glue is ACC? I see a lot of abreviations on line. Is there a place of definitions and descriptions anywhere? Thanks again.
  11. R

J 4-8-4 Locomotive Problem

Back from a couple of days at the kids. All problems are solved. It was kinks and curve joiners causing the problems. Went through the track according to many suggestions and found the problems. Running great now. Thanks again for all of the help. Hopefully someday we will have...
  12. R

Glad to hear your wife is doing better. I am enjoying your progress with interest. Russ
  13. R

Very nice and quite impressive. I am watching with interest as you build seeing there is knowledge to gain for a future layout yet to build. Thanks for the posted updates. May the best be with your wife and you in the upcoming sugery.
  14. R

Thanks for everyones input. In a week I will be going back up and will use all suggestions to continue the trouble shooting. Russ
  15. R

More Modular Layout Questions

In Peter Lieber's thread on 'Modular Layout Assembly' (1-07-09) and questions of connecting the modulars together the ending problem hinges around the swelling of the wood underlayment. By the way, Peter has built a very nice table. My question is how much of the swelling problem will go...
  16. R

Terry, what would be the age of older J's your referring too. This one is new but then again I don't know how long it had been on the shelf. My son in law purchased this one at the KC show two weeks ago from a vendor there. We will check out the screws though just in case. Thanks.
  17. R

Terry, what would be the age of older J's your referring too. This one is new but then again I don't know how long it had been on the shelf. My son in law purchased this one at the KC show two weeks ago from a vendor there. We will check out the screws though just in case. Thanks.
  18. R

Thanks for your help guys. Had to leave without totally solving the problem. I will back in a few weeks to help again. Dang it, living so far from your RR Buddies. :( Hey Rex maybe you guys from down south could load up the car, come up north here to help us newbies out. :D Russ
  19. R

Thanks Carey. Have checked all but will give it another for good measure.
  20. R

Grandson has acquired a HO, J 4-8-4 Locomotive #611 (Norfolk & Western) Spectrum. This is a set that came with 22" Radius E-Z Track. The problem is keeping the Loco and Tender on the track. Either the front 4 pilots are off or the Tender is off track or they are both off. This all happens on...

Back