Search results

1. B

What happened .

Really confused , not a computer genius by any means . I was on a web site ( slot car union )when looking for a kato Ho engine ( working ditch lights dcc ready ) and road that I wanted . I started check out process and ended up getting an email from PayPal ( don’t have or use ) china king...
  2. B

Organizing desk/workbench

After getting track somewhat laid and trains running , looking at my desk workbench decided it’s time to get things organized . I did make rolling stock coupler track , pivoting on a threaded rod to move out of the way when not needed and at a height that I can see wheel and track . What a mess...
  3. B

Digitax zephyr

Programmed new dcc equipped ho engine (atlas master ). Engine runs fine but no lights ( equipped ) . instruction manual says to press lamp 0 ? . Fails to tell you how to get to lamp 0 . Help please Digitrax gurus . mike
  4. B

Ho engine leds

Where and what do you buy to replace your nano Ho engine led and ditch lights ? Some of my engine lights not working . I will check when I disassemble . mike
  5. B

Digitrax throttle

Thinking about adding digitax dt602 . Thoughts / opinions ? mike
  6. B

roundhouse ho rolling stock

looking for advice from someone who has been down this road . have some nice looking roundhouse cars but couplers / wheels suck . what do i need to get to replace wheels/ couplers maybe even trucks ? mike
  7. B

Painting

i painted foam bridge support ( in workshop ) and it turned out ok . Looking for tips / ideas how to do risers with out removing from layout . No painting in the house or basement where layout is located . Ideas ? other options besides painting . Could you spray paint plaster cloth and still...
  8. B

Walthers truss bridge

Waiting for the kato right switches , I decided to start putting the Walthers bridges together ( 933-3185 ) single truss . The instructions only go to step 7 ( checked on line to download pdf instructions and same as I had in box ) . It doesn’t show anything for ( I assume parts are for the...
  9. B

code 83 crossover

as i was getting ready to sleep , i was thinking about my layout . just had made my operator stand to hold controller , and a thought came to my head that there was no way to get ( 3 loop layout ) from middle track back to outside track . because of the kato ho crossovers i need a plan b , using...
  10. B

for switch ?

back when i first started code 100 and ho , someone sent me some ho switches and these . unfortunately he passed right after mailing these . need help identifying ?
  11. B

Connectors

I guess I kind of went in the wrong direction with my dcc track wiring , mainly my terminal blocks to connect bus and track feeders . anyone have example for what they did 14 awg buss to a terminal block to the smaller track feed wires ? Help appreciated . I used the terminal blocks that have...
  12. B

kato ho track and incline

testing track with rolling stock at incline , basically rolling to peak of incline and letting go of car . sits until i nudge but about halfway up it rolls almost 7 ft back down ( sides are 10 ft . all suggestions appreciated . first time using inclines .
  13. B

Woodland scenic

Any tips for cutting this stuff ? I was using a knife that was pretty close to sharp as a razor and taking my time but it still crumbled close to the bottom . Reason I’m cutting is because of my 3 loop layout with kato unitrack , and it overhangs to far by next loop .
  14. B

power kato 24-842 ac to dc

plan was to use mrc power pack to feed to converter . no output voltage from mrc . anyone know cost effective power supply to feed kato switches ? mike
  15. B

Track feeds kato ho

Have my layout ( kinda ) figured out . If wiring guru could help it would be appreciated . The passing siding has the insulated uni joiners on all 8 legs ( turnouts ) as I am adding switch motors to them . The siding is powered . The outside track on rt side will have 2 single truss bridges...
  16. B

Power kato ac to dc

Looking for alternative for kato turnout switches ( don’t have the kato power pack ) . Looking for specific part ( plug in for converter ) . I have momentary switches to make for turnouts , but would like to get up and running . I understand wall wart but get the right end to plug into kato...
  17. B

kato ho crossover ( 3-114 )

trying to do this corectly so i dont have to disassemble . for this where do the track feeders go . their diagram ( book ) shows a feeder being moved to anothetr location but want to be sure . they also provide 2 insulated joiners .
  18. B

track feed wire terminal strips for dummies

if one were to use terminal strips as part of dcc track feed connectors . are the terminal strips hooked in series or do u tap into the buss wire and connect to terminal strip ?
  19. B

Back at it again with layout

Sick for a long time , but feeling better now so decided to work on a layout again . Lowered my table 5x10 ft 10 inches and added foam . Trying to come up with a simple layout running 2 trains . I have 1 inch foam so I can lay a track at a higher level to get away from flat look , so I need to...

Back