Connectors

Bristolman2012

I guess I kind of went in the wrong direction with my dcc track wiring , mainly my terminal blocks to connect bus and track feeders . anyone have example for what they did 14 awg buss to a terminal block to the smaller track feed wires ? Help appreciated . I used the terminal blocks that have the red black bars that feed the lower half .they are ok for small wire but not sure if 14 awg could be connected to them .

I just used these direct to the buss wire.

1701206687386.png

I have three tracks to feed , 6 feeds in the 10 ft run and 3 each in the 5 ft I found some connectors that will accept 14 awg and still fit the terminal blocks I have . im taking an electrical joint from the layout which should improve things , but thank for suggestions ,all help is greatly appreciated .
mike

3M makes some ScotchLock connectors that will use 14 AWG for the run through (main bus) and smaller wire for the tap connector (feeder to rails). Looking on Amazon I found:

3M Scotchlok Electrical IDC 905-POUCH, Double Run or Tap, Red, 22-18 AWG (Tap), 18-14 AWG (Run), 50/Pouch.​

Wired up again , took a while to get it done . Train went around track twice before I started having issues but I guess that’s part of having fun . Hopefully top of incline fixed , it was the one I worried about the most . First incline no issues at all so I did get one right . i don’t care for the suitcase connectors , and did get everything rewired with less connections so im happy . My fake bridge did ok too .
mike

Back