Search results

1. dgrafix

Why to Uppsala tågmassa(train expo) today.

Went to a local expo today. Picked up a few goodies for a good price too 😃 There was a great model of Uppsalas old station before the new station. The station house is still there and is now a pub/night spot and the goods warehouse in the background is also still there as a nightclub & concert...
  2. dgrafix

Won a little mystery loco at an auction. :)

Won this little fella + the 3 brown box cars in an auction for 350:- (something like 30 dollars). After taking it apart and giving it some love I have got it slow running fairly well. https://streamable.com/hjxw5t No idea what it is :/ (All it says on it is that it is Trix but no number or...
  3. dgrafix

Building a small shinkansen diorama for a close friend WIP

So far I have got the basic layout down. I am planning to do some water in that depression and have a lightbox backboard with mt fuji backlit.. (or may end up with a photo). I am going to use one of the Tomix front car museum models (static model) of an N700 nozomi. The tree was made with one...
  4. dgrafix

Battery Bluetooth trains?

Has anyone tried converting a loco to run on a rechargeable battery? I was having a think about it and with a audrino Bluetooth/RF + a digital rheostat it should be possible even at n scale. Wondering why no one has done it 🤔
  5. dgrafix

Loving this new loco smell 😄

My class 37 arrived today.. yay!
  6. dgrafix

Kato double "Z" #4s

Ok quick story. 2 DC controllers and one of those Z type double switches by Kato. One controller controls one line the other the other. line on controller 1¨¨¨Z______line on controller 2 I know when switched and passing over to other line, the controllers should be set in the same direction...
  7. dgrafix

Finally moved house and got going on a new layout.

My new place is much bigger so no more trying to figure out a tight loop "shelf layout" I can actually expand into 250x120cm 😁 Wasted no time getting the board built.. It's on lockable wheels too so can wheel it out to work on. Now to go for a concept..... it's still going to be a HST dedicated...
  8. dgrafix

Anyone remember when adverts made you smile

Although i have seen a "train jam" though... Happens a quite often getting into Stockholm. 😆
  9. dgrafix

Intercity 125 instrument

Probably one for the UK lot.. but i was watching a documentary about the Intercity 125 and they said something about a radioactive instrument, but then my GF started nattering on and i missed it. I could not find the video again after.. It was regarding this thing (see picture) and something...
  10. dgrafix

Locomotive oil?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but what is the best thing to oil a locomotives moving parts & motor? I want to give my Mallard a full service and a WD clean of all the old "lube" which I can see is full of "stuff" like dust and static grass (from the previous owner) and put...
  11. dgrafix

N scale camera car

Just made a camera car 😁 Will do a circuit of my WIP layout later. Not very happy with the quality to be honest, it's supposed to be 1080p but I call bs on that one.. it looks more like upscaled low Res. This is an SQ11 but I suspect it's a cheap clone to be honest as there is no WiFi. It was...
  12. dgrafix

Split sleeper track?

Just curious, i understand timber track, concrete sleeper track and block/spike raised track.. but what about split sleeper track like is found in Europe and Asia on HST lines? Is the center bar just deeper under the ballast because of the stresses or is it to help with things like superinclines...
  13. dgrafix

points on a medium incline?

How do points(turnouts) behave on a long 2.4% incline (just to split the track and go immediately straight again?) Is this A) an ok thing to do, B) it should be fine, C) horrible idea? -Kato #5 715 radius turnouts to be specific
  14. dgrafix

Did you know one of the first trains had legs?!?

At some point ran on what is possibly one of the oldest railways in the world which began in the 1790s, featuring the world's oldest railway tunnel and bridge 🤯 interesting stuffs -->
  15. dgrafix

Good ballast to match Kato unitrack?

Unfortunately it is hugely expensive to import the real Kato ballast, the track I can get hold of no problem but not the ballast. Woodland scenics and noch I can get much cheaper. Does anyone know which product ID from one of these match the roadbed best? It's hard to tell from online photos.
  16. dgrafix

This coupler seems very wrong

I thought I would have a go at coupling my very second hand A4 (bought on fleabay) to some rolling stock. To the left we have the back of the loco, to the right you have a Kato "non description" random car and a dapol boxcar. But look at the couplers. What is going on here? is the one on the...
  17. dgrafix

Beautiful ride on a cog railway

These cog railways are amazing. I have to go ride one, added to bucket list! This video has given me a lot of inspiration as to tunnelling using natural caves and fractures. I wonder if anyone has made a working model of one with massive inclines! This is my new fall asleep channel :D
  18. dgrafix

Mod Podge VS "PVA+H2O+acrylic mix"

I am at a point of sealing my foams on a section of my layout.. and am thinking on prepping & sealing it. I know modpodge is probably the winner but A)it's 2-3x the price and B) I can only order it online, which is even more expensive with postage and generally a pain in the bum..because C) I...
  19. dgrafix

TGV test.

I have a TGV in my collection but it is a Ouigo livery (got it cheap) but I want this one 🤒 That looks like one insane hill it takes with such ease, and love the noise at almost half the speed of sound LOL. Absolutely awesome.
  20. dgrafix

Anyone have, or know of any Greasley LNER coaches for sale?

Aparently the teak carriages that were on the garter blue A4 steam record breaker "Mallard" are no longer made. I could get away with the BR crimson brown ones after it was painted BR green and served GWR(?) but it would be nice to have its original ones. I can buy them as part of a collectors...

Back