Search results

1. Engauge18

Trouble shooting 2 Cab wiring issue

Thank you - will give that a try and report back
  2. Engauge18

Atlas standard switches manufacturing defect?

Here's a second video that shows the occurrence fun a few different angles. Thank you again for your time!
  3. Engauge18

Best thing i could do was make a short video to show the problem. It's so bizarre, and doesn't occur on the upper level at all, only the lower level. I swapped out the original selector for the new one and the problem remains. I think you are right, it must be a feedback from the common...
  4. Engauge18

Thank you - that's what's so frustrating. This layout has over 20 turnouts on it. All the others work fine.
  5. Engauge18

I ordered it, but vendor is on vacation. Will take a couple weeks to arrive. Well take another set of pics and post. Just uploaded a vid to YouTube
  6. Engauge18

Good idea! Just posted to Y/T, here's the URL:
  7. Engauge18

Ok guess i can't upload the video. Hopefully the still pics tell the story of this issue.
  8. Engauge18

The video didn't upload last time Take two
  9. Engauge18

Thank you. Have gone through 7! Of these tracks now at $20 per. Two of which were damaged out of the box. All NIB. Good grief. Every single one of them had this issue. It's one specific spot on the plastic part of the frog. It's just not deep enough. Attaching a series of stills that show...
  10. Engauge18

Hello All, Thank you so much for your time and energy on my issue. Had to deal with a major work deadline, but am back now. To go through some of the questions: This layout, N109 is from 1986. It supports 4 locos independently; 2 on the upper level (Cab C and Cab D) and 2 on the lower (Cab A...
  11. Engauge18

Thank you for the info, everyone. Have ordered an NMRA Standards Gauge - gotta love eBay (now that the small local hobby stores in my area are all closed) I also ordered an Atlas super saw, and also several new switches to practice on. Appreciate the advice! Happy modeling!
  12. Engauge18

Is there a particular type of file to use? I might need to hit up ebay on that. The rollng stock is from the 90s, built for code 80 track. It's weird because the bulk of the switches don't have this issue. It's a if atlas has a manufacturing problem with the consistency of their finished...
  13. Engauge18

Thank you guys. Yep, following the diagram as far as electronics are concerned. (Made some mods to the bench work). I split the control panel. The upper level has its own panel (2 cabs, the reverse loop controller, the two selectors and related switches) Have two kids and put them on...
  14. Engauge18

Hello all, Thank you for your insights! These are n scale atlas remote standard switches. I purchased all of them already. Pretty far along in the build. Atlas code 80 uses unpowered frogs. I tried deepening them with an exacto knife and that didn't work. So frustrating!
  15. Engauge18

Than you so much for the detailed reply. Attaching the full schematic and wiring diagram. Yes, by upper level, meant the figure 8. The lower level is the irregular loop. All insulating joiners were placed and each sector has power. The upper level (figure 8) runs a it should, including the...
  16. Engauge18

Hello all, Has anyone else experienced problems with atlas standard switches? My layout calls for 21 switches. Four of these things had issues - its a of the plastic part is too high and the train wheels jump at a specific point in the rail. I tried shaving it down with an exacto knife but...
  17. Engauge18

Hello All, New to the forum. Have built up the 'famed' Gulf Summit & Susquehanna Lines' railroad from the Atlas Nine N Scale Railroads book (N-109). For those not familiar, this is an old book, first published in the 70s. It's all analog wiring and code 80 track. It's a cookie cutter bench work...
  18. Engauge18

Troubleshooting rapido couplers on a ConCor passenger car set

Hello All! New to the forum. Am getting back into the hobby with my kids. Pulled out some trains i had from 25 years ago. The rapido couplers don't seem to couple anymore. Very frustrating. Was thinking of upgrading to micro trains but wasn't sure how to go about it. Back in the 90s, would go...

Back