Search results

1. D&J RailRoad

Kadee PLASTIC couplers

On my last trip to the LHS I picked up a few packets of offset couplers. As Kadee is the only coupler I use now, I don't bother to read the package other than the specifics I'm lookin for, in this case the over and under offsets with a short shank. Well, I got home, unloaded the shopping bags...
  2. D&J RailRoad

Unknown Tsunami Decoder

I have an SD45. Santa Fe, cab number 5374. Decoder is in the pictures. I can't set a speed table to this, full table or just the basic. Set both all the way to 000 but it still runs at scale speed 79mph. No lock in place. The one marking is either a ww56 or a HH56. I tried a reset with the...
  3. D&J RailRoad

Scale Trains GP30s on the D&J Railroad - Video

With a few GP30s in the consist, this U50 begins its route delivering the freight.
  4. D&J RailRoad

Train Clubs and Jail

Things have taken quite a twist since I ran for and won the V.P office with the PWMRC club last June. Long story short, I discovered the treasurer had embezzled all our money from the bank account. Over $10K. He's under investigation now for a felony financial crime. Our president resigned and I...
  5. D&J RailRoad

Decisions to Make

After chasing some lightheadedness issues that started over a year ago, a recent MRI in early January followed up by a second MRI this past week has found a small tumor on my brain. It's on the bottom of my brain just in front of where the spinal cord connects. It was a fortunate find as they...
  6. D&J RailRoad

Elections Tomorrow at Train Club

I'll be running for the V.P. slot. The incumbent president will stay on another year. I'll be running this on the layout before the vote.
  7. D&J RailRoad

Great Scale Train Show at Timonium This Weekend 3 & 4 Feb

So if ya missed the Big E show in Springfield last weekend, ya have another chance to attend the next largest model train show on the east coast. This weekend, 3&4 Feb, the Great Scale Train show will take place in the Cow Palace at the Maryland State Fairgrounds, Timonium, MD. My modular club...
  8. D&J RailRoad

Intermodal Truck Hitching Post

I need about 20 hitching posts for mounting truck vans on spine cars. The hitch post supports the opposite end of the van from the wheels and has a plate on it just like on the tractor that pulls the van. Only Walthers has em but half of the kit is collapsed hitches.
  9. D&J RailRoad

Walther's All Metal Intermodal Well Cars - Video

My order of 7 sets of intermodal units arrived today from TrainWorld. I discovered that one set of the Athearn well cars were plastic bodies. Feather light plastic. They don't track well going forward or backward. I'll have to do so work on them. The rest of the wells ran fine except for a few...
  10. D&J RailRoad

Light Weight Intermodal Well Cars

I've been running long intermodal cars on the empire, i.e. 50 wells and more. They have been working great as long as ya have a weighted container in the well. Running them empty, ya have to put the plastic bodies on the end so the train doesn't straight line on the 48" radii curves I have. Try...
  11. D&J RailRoad

Another Set of Modules

This is the most recent set of modules I started recently. The last one was a mainline yard module set in HO. It ended up being 64' end to end. What I didn't count on is wood swelling, shrinking and warping over time which made alignment of track a nightmare and a major job to set up at the...
  12. D&J RailRoad

SD59M - Video

This loco was delivered today. Very quick shipping from Mainline Hobbies, Summit Hill, PA. This model is designed after the refurbished SD60M that was upgraded with the environmental equipment and more efficient motor system.
  13. D&J RailRoad

Another Computer for the Railroad

I've had one computer to run my signal system along with my two DCC programming softwares. There has always been a struggle for Com Ports between the three items. Also, I couldn't have the Train Controller Silver software running in the back ground while programming decoders. I decided I'll just...
  14. D&J RailRoad

Another Op Session on the D&J Railroad

I put out the invite for 30 Dec for the club to bring their new Christmas toys and conduct an op session on that Saturday. A good number have rogered up for it. This will be a steam motive power op session so I had to clear all the intermodal off the layout. That filled a few tubs for the...
  15. D&J RailRoad

Signals and Block Detection in the Classification Yard

I have a little time on my hands so I decided to expand my block detection and signal system into the classification yard. I picked up a Digitrax BD4N module and an SE74 signal control module. I decided where I want to plant the signal heads and then broke open the packaging to read up on how...
  16. D&J RailRoad

Intermodal Lot Paving

The large intermodal facility on the D&J Railroad has been plywood world since it was established years ago. It was on the end of a long peninsula of the empire and had a large open area in the middle for access. I finally got the bug to work on this area s few weeks ago and applied a cover for...
  17. D&J RailRoad

Club Setup at Richmond, VA Science Museum - Video

My modular club was set up at the Richmond, Virginia Science Museum this weekend. This is an annual event that we have been participating in over the past several years. My club is one of 4 other Special Interest Groups (SIGs) under the primary 501(c)3 umbrella of the Richmond Freelance &...
  18. D&J RailRoad

I Feel So Honored

Whenever I see the "Members online" list on the right side of the home page of this forum, I'm always first on the list. Gives me a great feeling.
  19. D&J RailRoad

Scale Trains AC4400 Rivet Counter in SP paint - Video

This loco arrived today and has been tuned up and put into service.

Back