Unknown Tsunami Decoder

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I have an SD45. Santa Fe, cab number 5374.
Decoder is in the pictures.
I can't set a speed table to this, full table or just the basic.
Set both all the way to 000 but it still runs at scale speed 79mph.
No lock in place. The one marking is either a ww56 or a HH56.
I tried a reset with the board button and the CV8=8, see last picture. No change in behavior.
Anybody know why it won't take a speed table setting?
20240330_203836.jpg
20240330_203814.jpg
20240330_203758.jpg

Have you tried setting cv 66 and cv 95 to a low number, but not 0? If you set speed cv's to 0, it basically tells the decoder to go "full speed ahead".
Try setting cv 5, 66, and 95 to 50, and see if it slows down. I know some of the OEM decoders are stripped-down, limited function decoders.

yes, I went into the bare CV listings and tried those at various settings. Also tried the CV5 and 6 at various settings but still no change in speed.
With this being a legacy decoder from around 2011, I don't think I'll get much help outa the folks at Tsunami.
I'm thinkin just swap the decoder out for a Tsunami 2 and cut my time messing with it.

yes, I went into the bare CV listings and tried those at various settings. Also tried the CV5 and 6 at various settings but still no change in speed.
With this being a legacy decoder from around 2011, I don't think I'll get much help outa the folks at Tsunami.
I'm thinkin just swap the decoder out for a Tsunami 2 and cut my time messing with it.
I'd send a query (and a foto) asking about it, you never know, they might send you a new one.

It was OEM in a Proto2000 SD45. Kind of an older loco. I doubt very much they would replace a decoder that old.

Back