Search results

1. R

Workbench

Here is mine. The winter is my "busy" time. I have not been able to do anything on it for quite a while now.
  2. R

I really want to support my LHS....but

I rarely buy anything over $5.00 from the LHS. Don't get me wrong, He is a great guy but, money is a HUGE factor. I do 95% of my shopping online. 4% at shows and the last 1% at the LHS. IMO it would be a waste of time to try and hagle on prices at the LHS. I look at it like this: Would...
  3. R

Engine painting service

Ok, here is my humble opinion: In order to make a name for your self. Paint some engines and put them on Ebay. Start the bidding at a "reasonable" price. Let the bidders judge your work. Be prepared to answer any question in a professinal manner. Being that you are under 18 have your dad...
  4. R

Working with brass (progress pics)

Well, It's been a super busy summer. Have'nt had much time to work on the Jib. Started on it again the other day. Will post the final pics in a few days.
  5. R

SC Hobby Shop to Help Build Largest HO Layout in US

Wow, thats quite impressive! 1.5 million in donations just to get phase one off the ground.
  6. R

Columbus, OH

Thanks for the info! EDIT: Whats a foamer?
  7. R

Columbus, OH

What would be a good store to visit while in Cbus? I did a search and came up with a few different stores. Wont have a bunch of time to hit very many.
  8. R

Need some guide wires

Brad, Not sure what CA is. My method is: Paint the string first. This way I don't get paint all over. I tie one end with as small of a knot as I can manage but not small enough to slip through the hole. I weave it in and around to get the desired look I'm after. When Im done. I put the end...
  9. R

Need some guide wires

I use bead string from Hobby Lobby. I have a few different sizes. It's black fresh off the spool, just put some silver paint on your fingers and run the string in between your fingers. The "cables" on the lumber would be a good size for your purpose.
  10. R

No, I am not doing the whole crane. Just the end of the boom. About 60' in HO scale. When I'm finished it will be a flat car load.
  11. R

Model Railroading sure looks different nowadays...

I've watched a ton of his videos. More people should be like him. Imagine how much time he puts in just getting the videos on the web. I've learned so much from him. No, I don't know the guy, but I feel like I should.. lol I look forward to his videos. Not sure I would call him insane...
  12. R

It's HO scale. I'm not using a jig either. I have three "nice" burns on my hand to show for it too. :o Will be a while before I finish it. I started to put the end piece together. I'm not satisfied with how it turned out. I have to start over. Not to mention it took eight hours! I had a...
  13. R

My kids weathering job!

In that pic it's powders.
  14. R

My kids weathering job!

When ever I'm weathering or painting my five year old daughter always asks if she can help. So I gave her a car and said have at it. We spent a few hours over a couple of days doing this. I just helped with color choices, spill protection, running the dryer ETC and all the advice she asked for...
  15. R

Strip mining

Not quite sure what your looking for. In my humble opinion your only trouble will be finding some older Machines. Strip mines are not much more then a hole in the ground. How much space do you plan to allocate for this? Heres what I found...
  16. R

Still have to make one more peice for the end. I need to find a nice little file for the insides. IMO I'm getting a little better at it. More sanding and filing and it will look pretty good. I redid all the other joints I did with the old iron.
  17. R

When is your LHS open?

Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm Sat 9am to 5pm Also have Hobby Lobby which is closed Sundays.
  18. R

Weekly Photo Fun 4-24/4-29

Laidoffsick, That car is awesome! looking good!
  19. R

Stuff I've been working on & bought.

Larry, I see lots of Hot Wheels on that layout! Some older ones as well new ones. I like!
  20. R

What kind of airbrush should I buy?

This what alot of the people on here bought for their first one. Me included! http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95810

Back