Search results

1. R

Atlas Master Series Truck Washers

Hi; I have a few Atlas N scale Master Series freight cars and one of them took a header off the table. When it hit the floor the trucks and mounting pins separated and flew in separate directions. I found the trucks and pins but not the metal washers that go between the mounting pin and...
  2. R

Operating a DC loco on a DCC layout

I'm new to DCC and building a small n scale layout. I've bought a few DCC equipped locos and one DC version I will convert to DCC at some point. I also have a DigiTrax ZEPHYR DCS52 for the DCC part. I understand that DCC puts a constant 14 - 16V on the rails but one DC loco can also be run...
  3. R

PC board ties

I'm in the middle of laying code 40 rail using n scale PC board ties. CloverHouse was my goto place for the 12" n scale tie strips that could be cut to length, however they appear to have stopped making this handy package for n scale. Has anyone found a replacement place to get n scale PC...
  4. R

DCC Bus Wiring

Hi - I'm building a small n scale switching layout that is in an L shape - 10 feet x 2 feet on the long side with a 6 feet x 2 feet extensor on one end. I'm going to use solid core 14 gauge wire for the DCC bus, preferring to solder the track feeders versus the suitcase connectors which I...
  5. R

Making PC board Ties

Hi - I'm looking into making PC Board ties for an N scale model railroad with hand laid code 40 track. It looks like the only place that used to sell PC strips 0.031" thick no longer makes that product. FastTracks has them but way too expensive for the amount I need. So I'm looking into...
  6. R

N Scale Manual Uncoupler

Has anyone come up with a way to make a n scale manual uncoupler tool for Kadee uncouplers? I see they are not expensive to mail order but I can't wait and need something right away. Thanks.
  7. R

Do Frogs Really Need to be Powered?

Hi - building a small n scale DCC switching layout with hand laid code 40 rail and FastTracks #6 turnouts. Will be using 8 wheel diesels with all wheel pickup. Is it really necessary to power the frogs? What has been your experience with regards to performance - will 3 wheel pickup when going...
  8. R

Running DCC on DC

I just received an Atlas RS-2 DCC model. I don't have a DCC set up yet so just tried it on DC. It works find if the throttle is cranked up but have a question. The directional lights seem to be opposite to the forward/reverse setting. That is when going forward the reverse light comes on and...
  9. R

N Scale RS-3 - Are they available?

Hi - new to this forum. I'm building a small N scale switching layout and would like to find a new N scale RS-3 with DCC, preferably Atlas Master Series. I can't seem to find one anywhere. The Atlas website doesn't show that model on their webpage and all the on-line hobby retailers only show...

Back