PC board ties

rreitz

I'm in the middle of laying code 40 rail using n scale PC board ties. CloverHouse was my goto place for the 12" n scale tie strips that could be cut to length, however they appear to have stopped making this handy package for n scale. Has anyone found a replacement place to get n scale PC board tie strips? I see FastTracks has them but they are quite a bit more expensive for the amount I would need.

Good Morning!
Although I am not N scale, I bought a shear from that auction site. Will cut copper clad at 0.039" - think that I paid $239. You can get 0.032" copper from a bunch of places. Figured that I would have many scratch built turnouts with 6 or 8 PC board ties each. Those add up fast if your buying them. Maybe a little more than you want/need but it could have use elsewhere for ya.

Thanks for the input. That might be an option. Which auction site are you referring to that you bought the shear from?

eBay This link takes you to one like I got. There are others, for reasons unknown I liked this one.
There are some handle operated ones - not sure if you can get a straight cut with such a narrow target - did not see any way to clamp stuff in the jaw.

my shear was only 59 bucks canadian, same site but different product ..
uses a bolt for a hold down on the material to be cut ...
doesn't have guide or anything so you have to draw the lines with a pen, but very cost effective ...
raw blank pcb sheets are cheap as well on the same site, doesn't really matter how old they are ..
i think it cuts eight inches at a time, not sure on that, it's put away right now ..
i didn't use it for pcb ties, just cut raw material to size to make my own pc boards occasionally

Back