Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

29° and cloudy, high later of 42°.

Feeling tons better this morning, so I'm at the office. Wife thought I should have taken another day, but I'd go crazy.

Site is faster on some likes and slower on others, not sure what they have going on. Just glad I'm not the one to have to fix it!.

Sad news on that bridge in Baltimore. Hopefully Louis and any other members in the area are not involved.

Chad: Covering the trees with blankets would be fine if they weren't 10-12 feet tall and the wind were calm. One year I covered them in ice and managed to salvage a few peaches, but they're just too big and the temps aren't quit cold enough to ice them as quick as I'd need.

Good Morning All. Clear and chilly at 35°, not at all unusual for this time of year. It will be a bit warmer going forward; although the high today will struggle to reach 60°. Yesterday wasn't too bad with 71°, but the continued high winds made things seem worse than that. Especially when they shifted north around 3:00 pm.

Forum response for me yesterday was mixed; sometimes it went at it's usual speed, and sometimes it was slower, although not as slow as yesterday morning. That was like using a dial-up modem back in the 90's. Maybe Bob has been checking into it. So far this morning (at 0600 CDT) it has been OK.

I resumed mowing on the tractor yesterday, starting over on the east side. Household tasks were at a minimum for a change, so I went back and also mowed the south side. It takes about 45 minutes for each area, which is my self-imposed max for chores outside. I try to intersperse with 30-45 minute breaks, pacing myself is important to me. I hate to admit that I am not as young and spry as I once was.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I resumed running trains since I was still really into what I was doing Sunday. While I took a few pictures, I left the camera out there and I am not venturing out there in just a bathrobe right now. I did take a couple of the maintenance shed after I weathered the metal roof and added the gooseneck lamps, but I'll have to post them later. In the meantime let's see how long it takes to upload a picture from the archives.
After 30 seconds or so, I got a message that read "Parsing Response Failed"; whatever that means.
Let me try again.
IMG_0593.JPG

That took well over a minute that time, not satisfactory. So that's it for now.

Jaz - $25,000/year isn't unusual for a country club membership at a place with Trump in the name. The place that I mentioned in a post yesterday where I grew up is around $12,500 a year, but it has a $75,000 initiation fee! But a look around their parking lot reveals plenty of cars that cost more than $75,000! Many memberships are corporate ones as well.
Curt - Good luck at the dentist today.
Troy - Best wishes on your recovery.
Patrick - While doubling the BP medications might work for now, you need to find out what caused the change to begin with. All you are doing right now is masking the symptoms, not resolving the issue.

Musical birthday's today include Dianna Ross of the Supremes, 80; Kenny Chesney is 56, and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith is 76. Surprised that he has made it this far.

Now at 0730 CDT, the forum has slowed back down. Many pictures posted do not show up right now, so my joy of earlier has been diminished.

Everybody have a great day.

G'day Gents and Ladies (of course!),

A large hot mugga Joe, black please and nothing else; thanx. Bad night - dreaming I was awake all of it!

Temps were in the 50s (F) when I arose; now into the 40s -rains have given way to overcast with the sun trying to dominate; ain't working (yet).

Tragic is an understatement regarding the collapse of the Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore - absolutely unbelievable. Cannot imagine such a thing and sets up my mind in wonder as to just why that ship had to be underway at that hour? Then again, I suppose one could say if it had to occur, best it did during non-rush-hour periods. RIP to those poor souls who were doing nothing more than crossing a bridge.

I'm done . . .

Tom in Missouri

Good Morning gang!

Flo, I'm famished! Can I get a western omelet with hash brown, sausage and bacon please!

Been watching the TV coverage of the bridge a little. So far, 2 people were pulled from the river,, 1 in critical condition. Hopefully there will be more, but that water is cold and hypothermia is real. :( I hope Louis wasn't out making Amazon deliveries early this morning.

What is it with people nowadays. I had to detour several miles yesterday due to several traffic accidents yesterday on my way home, and rolled up on a 3rd one on my detour route home, right in front of the local VFD!

Is it the full moon? Solar flares?

And I just heard an unverified report the ship lost power for "a while" prior to it striking the bridge. I guess we'll get more info as it becomes available.
Yes, I also read that, and that they called the Baltimore authorities to let them know. But there apparently wasn't enough time to react. That is going to be more of a bottleneck for ship traffic than for vehicle traffic, as vehicles have several alternate routes. I also wonder if there were any diversionary barriers around those piers?
I hope Louis wasn't out making Amazon deliveries early this morning.
I think that it may have been maybe an hour too early for him, although with Louis, one never knows.

Good Morning All!

36F @ 80% and overcast

Welp, did some looking at the netscape of modelrailroadforums and did not find anything really out of sorts with it. You can read about it the Forum Information thread. Furthermore, looks like we are waiting for google-analytics.com for quite some time on every page load. Google needs to up their game! So, don't blame the site.

My doc told me I needed to 'watch my drinking'. Geesh, gonna have to switch watering holes as my current does not have any mirrors.

Later

WOW My heart goes out to all affected by the Baltimore bridge collapse - plus those who are expecting cargo from the ship.

"S&$*T .. I thought for sure that the forum was back, but I just clicked on extra posts posted and it took more than 30 seconds to load plus about the same when clicking on "likes"?Guess I will cut this short ... 48 degrees heading for 66 with partly sunny!

Flo, If you get this message, I would like a cuppa JOE and a breakfast sand, please.

It was reported on CNN, but I prefer to see it from other sources

before I call it verified. Supposedly the governor of Maryland confirmed this, but again, only saw the report on CNN.
I am not doubting it, as it makes sense. I prefer to wait until after the investigation. I have seen too many incidents/accidents of people saying things that turn out to be untrue at the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back