Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you fixed the issue...
Get a bolt with a 14mm head. Get two nuts to fit the threads of the bolt. Jam the two nuts together as hard as you can tighten them. Put the head of the bolt into the bolt you're trying to remove. Use a 14mm wrench on the nuts to remove the bolt you are trying to remove.View attachment 184843
Not sure if that would work, although i understand the concept. Those bolts were factory installed and very tight. I was litterary inside the wheel well and bracing my self against the car while pushing this thing to crack loose with a breaker bar. Got it, but there was just enough space between suspention and CV shaft to only crack the bolts loose😡. My fourth spoken language; Garage Latin, came into play🤣

Good evening gang!

How has the work week started??
I picked the wrong.png

Flo! Whatever you got, I'll take it! I'm convinced now that our General Manager is a sadistic sociopath that would only ever be truly happy being Führer of some country. Gotta find something else to do with myself!.

Forum speed still seems to be lacking. It took about 18 seconds to upload the pic above, sometimes takes 3 or 4 seconds to add a like to a post,,, no bueno !
Not sure if that would work, although i understand the concept. Those bolts were factory installed and very tight. I was litterary inside the wheel well and bracing my self against the car while pushing this thing to crack loose with a breaker bar. Got it, but there was just enough space between suspention and CV shaft to only crack the bolts loose😡. My fourth spoken language; Garage Latin, came into play🤣

Ahh yes, Garage Latin , 1st taught to me by my Father, I remember at 1st it was only spoken when the light I was holding was somewhere other than where it should have been, or directly in his eyes. Later I heard the Garage Latin uttered in prayers over stripped bolts and busted knuckles. Eventually I took my Father's place at the garage Latin alter. (shaped like a Snap-On toolbox) I've been accused of using 5 languages in my life, English, German, Redneck, Sarcasm, and Garage Latin. 😁

Gotta play with trains,
photo roster 003.jpg

TTFN

Ahh yes, Garage Latin , 1st taught to me by my Father, I remember at 1st it was only spoken when the light I was holding was somewhere other than where it should have been, or directly in his eyes. Later I heard the Garage Latin uttered in prayers over stripped bolts and busted knuckles. Eventually I took my Father's place at the garage Latin alter. (shaped like a Snap-On toolbox) I've been accused of using 5 languages in my life, English, German, Redneck, Sarcasm, and Garage Latin. 😁
That's hilarious!

I was diesel mechanic for 31 years and never heard that term.

Almost makes me want to go back and wrench some more, so I can use that term....Almost!!!

(took "forever" to load this site . . . others are 4.0)

A bit after mid-night in rainy Chesterfield, MO as I find myself fighting with with a bit of insomnia . . . an annoying and very frequent "thing."

Best way to get the "tired" feeling for me is to watch TV; nahhhhhhh - figured I'd do some web-browsing instead - might work!

Been wondering whether my submissions are being viewed . . . especially for this past Sunday. Oh well . . .

As mentioned in a previous post on Sunday, I ordered a "bunch of stuff" to what I had thought was my signed, sealed & delivered bill of lading - ha!

The image of a Lionel LionChief 44 Tonner with SF markings is what-will-be the newest addition to Tom's Lion's Den layout - purchased on-line from the Lionel Store; it will arrive this Thursday via UPS.

Another addition is an MTH O-scale track cleaning unit - found a "recommended" one on eBay; used but will be more than adequate for my needs - something for the 44 Tonner to pull!
2234100-01.jpgs-l1600.jpg

That's it from me on this very early morning visit.

Tom in Missouri

Good evening gang!

How has the work week started??
View attachment 184893

Flo! Whatever you got, I'll take it! I'm convinced now that our General Manager is a sadistic sociopath that would only ever be truly happy being Führer of some country. Gotta find something else to do with myself!.

Forum speed still seems to be lacking. It took about 18 seconds to upload the pic above, sometimes takes 3 or 4 seconds to add a like to a post,,, no bueno !

Gotta play with trains,View attachment 184895
TTFN
Unless I'm mistaken this is an Athearn "Hustler" Cab...and a Hustler calf...which is certainly the first and only time I've ever seen such a calf. Just brilliant thinking, the calf!

So what's next? A Hustler slug? :D

Last edited:
Well, h. o. w. d. y. t. h. e r e. i. n. t. e. r. n. e. t p. e. e. p. s.

(if you can read that, the internet might be slow)
:)

It's Troy again

Still with a pulled back muscle. After icing it for the first hour while I watched the grill, I'm to the heating pad.

Still got Ibuprofen, and the topical arthritis gel going. In this stage of the game, I need to NOT re-injure it. This weekend I'll be at a gaming convention in Indianapolis, selling and signing books. Need to be mobile then.

Here's a pic of the train-loving feline, playing with the large scale models. That's his Hey Kids! Stop touching the trains! glare.
mort the conductor.jpeg

Karl, what's the story with these locomotives???
I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are what happens when you have a junk drawer and too much time on your hands. 1 engine had a crushed cab, and I had an sw7 calf that donated the back half of the hood. Both units have Athearn SD40 trucks with the center axle removed, small can motors direct connected to the worm gears with DCC decoders. The 2 of them can pull as much as any 4 axle loco, but are much more flexible on tight turns.
Just a fun little project.
Glad you like em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back