Recent content by vanda32547

1. V

I could really use some major help folks...

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help guys. We are well on our way here and it has developed into more than I could have ever imagined!!! WOW
  2. V

WOW it's been a long time....

WOW it's been a long time since I was active on this forum. It's been a couple of years. My how time flies. :eek: Here is an update... I have not worked on my layout in about 2 years (shame on me) I recently dismantled my train room in order to better utilize the real estate. (wifes orders...
  3. V

HO... for the BIRDS?

I am searching for a large quantity of birds for my layout (40 or so) and am looking for an inexpensive source...any suggestions? Thanks in advance,
  4. V

I need to find a smaller DCC with Sound Diesel...

Hi fellow railroaders, I just received my Proto 2000 SF E6A/B unit today in the mail and was surprised at the overall size of this beast. :eek: My BLI Steam Engine is 8" long not including tender and my locomotives are 7" not including the couplers. This E6 is 9 1/2" long and looks like...
  5. V

Seeking info on Proto 2000 diesels?

Thanks for all the input... Thanks for all the input :) I ordered mine today and look forward to seeing and hearing it. :D I paid about $175 for a Sante Fe E6 A&B unit. Only the A unit has DCC and sound but I think I got a good deal. Seems that most DCC with sound cost $250-$350 so I am...
  6. V

MRC Prodigy Advanced

MRC Prodigy Advance owner/user I run a MRC Prodigy Advance system on my layout and it does a stellar job for the money. I also use it for throwing turnouts and other DCC devices. Grande Man is right though and there are much better (although much more expensive) systems out there. For my money...
  7. V

Seeking info on Proto 2000 diesels?

What do you all think of the Proto 2000 series of DCC diesels? I am thinking of buying a DCC with sound Sante Fe E6 A & B unit and wondered if any of you have any experience with the Proto 2000 DCC units? How do they run? Are they reliable? Do they run quiet or noisy? I am using the MRC Prodogy...
  8. V

Mylar Tissue Water

I really like what you did!!! Is it hard to work with? Does it scratch? Please give more details. Regards,
  9. V

Does anyone have a source for interior details?

Does anyone know where to get interior detailed accessories/parts for HO scale buildings such as counters for stores, tables and chairs for restaurants, etc.? I have tried a google search but have found nothing and would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance,
  10. V

Fiber Optic Technology for buildings?

Here are some pictures of my fiber optics project progress... Morning Ya'll, Here is a sort of step by step.... - First step was to make a styrofoam inner structure which is about a 1/2 " smaller than the building. - Second I placed the inner structure inside the building in order to mark...
  11. V

Fiber Optic Technology for buildings?

Fiber Optic UPDATE... Hello to all who are following this thread, After some experimentation here are my findings; Initially I thought about using floral wire to secure my fibers, because they are flexible, however this did not work out. Too much movement and those little fibers are a...
  12. V

Converting a published track plan to DCC?

Auto Reversing Loop Module... I use 1 auto reversing module to control 2 loops...because there are never 2 trains on each loop at the same time and I love how it work seemlessly. I bough mine at Tony's Train Exchange. Also...you made me laugh really hard when you described your current...
  13. V

Here is a sort of birds eye view of my layout...

Broadway Limited Drawbar Update... After calling Broadway Limited about my drawbar dilema, I was told that none was available for my particular model. :mad: About 6 weeks later I received (much to my surprise) an envelope from Broadway Limited and low and behold there was a longer drawbar...
  14. V

Chain link fencing...

Here is another technique for chained link fencing... http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785 :D
  15. V

Here is a sort of birds eye view of my layout...

Drawbar issue Sorry it's been so long...too many irons in the fire lately. :rolleyes: Yes the drawbar connects the engine and tender and seems to be a stamped rectangular piece of metal with holes in it. I have it on the furthest holes but that did not help. I don't think any power runs...

Back