Recent content by Tim

1. T

Littleton Colorado derailment!

That third pic looks almost like you modeled it. Not a bad plan if anyone has the space to do so. Tim
  2. T

Newbie with an Atlas Turnout ?

Looks like a spammer to me! :mad: Tim
  3. T

Let See Those Pets!

This is 2k (born in 2000). Hates the sound of my trains. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11717&stc=1&d=1230941133 Tim
  4. T

curve problem

If it's practical to do so, I'd pull the track and replace it so the joints do not occur on a curve. Or, lift both pieces, solder the joiners and THEN lay it back down. Just getting the outer rail to completely butt against the other one may solve the problem as that will straighten the kink...
  5. T

WS Mold-a-Scene

Has anyone here used this product, and if so, what are your thoughts, results, etc.? I tried it last night on my n-scale layout and found: A.) it is very difficult to find the correct ratio or water to plaster - it seems either too stiff or too watery. B.) it leaves a "clumpy" look, as if it...
  6. T

track conductivity

Or do what I did as I began laying track: For maximum flexibility later as far as blocking and whether to go DCC or DC, I soldered feeder wires to EVERY piece I placed on the layout, and used clear plastic joiners. Now I have the luxury of redesigning the blocks just by changing feeder...
  7. T

Old time passenger/excursion cars

I've googled and found nothing, searched here and not found what I'm looking for. Anyone know of a source for old time passenger cars such as might be used as an excursion car? I've found 50' car sets by Athern, but I'm looking for open cars with seating. If it has a canopy, that's better, but I...
  8. T

Troublesome Turnouts

To clarify Imackatack's suggestion, here is a pic of a Peco N Scale turnout. If you look closely, you can see the "notch" in the rail where the point fits when thrown. The Pecos have that notch cut in both sides as they come. I suppose careful use of a file and/or moto-tool could modify an...
  9. T

Got my Switcher!!!

I too, am impressed by that little Bachman Plymouth. In hunting around, I ran across this site: http://www.locoworks.spillage.net where they claim to be able to install a decoder in it. If you're considering DCC at some point, they might be a good place to go (unless you have a machine shop and...
  10. T

Ground cover

The original article link is broken. "404 - Article #55 not found You may not be able to visit this page because of: 1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite 2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site 3. a mistyped address 4. you have no access to this...
  11. T

joining two train tables

I agree, but would add that you might drill a couple of 1/2" holes (be sure they are perpendicular to the frames that are being clamped) through the modules while connected. Then insert a dowel in the holes to ensure accurate realignment. If you glue the dowels to one half and trim them on the...
  12. T

Plymouth MDT?

I have one in N scale and another in HO. The HO version will easily pass over a properly laid #6 turnout at about 5 scale mph. It will run on clean and level track at about 2.5 mph (scale). The N Scale is also a good performer after about a 4 hour break in period, running both directions and...
  13. T

Published track plans don't match products available

As things progress, I'll of course post here, but I also have a blog at http://trainboard.com/grapevine/blog.php?u=11556 Tim
  14. T

Published track plans don't match products available

Yesterday I finally began to implement the layout I have decided to build. I spent the past two weeks studying the classic text "101 Track Plans for Model Railroaders" by Linn H. Westcott. I spent countless hours online looking at pictures of others' layouts and a few track plans. And I...
  15. T

Best source for...

If this is in the wrong place, moderators, please move it or advise. I am looking for the best price on N scale Peco live frog (electrofrog) turnouts, both small and medium radius (code 55). Anyone here found the best bargain price somewhere? All links greatly appreciated. Thanks in...

Back