Recent content by quadk

1. Q

My yard

I think you have done a fantastic job so far. I know you're not done yet but maybe a little ground foam or weeds scattered down in the valley between sets of tracks.
  2. Q

Do these ties look prototypical

I also think they look good but could use maybe a little more of a greyer tint to them
  3. Q

Stephen Fisher's on30 Deep Run Railroad

Great looking layout!!
  4. Q

In-ko-pah Railroad: Spring in the desert

Gorgeous work!!
  5. Q

Helicopter Photography

Great pictures Larry!! Love the view!
  6. Q

New backdrop 2

That is fantastic!! I love the look of the real backdrop. It's hard to get a painted or manufactured backdrop to look that real.
  7. Q

Weathering rails

I've painted rails with oil based, water based and just about anything in between and had good luck with just about everything. The only thing I wouldn't be doing though is cleaning your railheads with sand paper no matter how fine. You put tiny scratches in the railhead and that is what...
  8. Q

C415 project

Looks pretty dang good!!
  9. Q

Bottle Brush Conifers

I think it looks fantastic!! The trunk on your tree to me seems to be just right compared to the real tree.
  10. Q

Show Us Your Shops / Servicing Facilities

Matt...that is quite the amazing setup you guys have there!! I've always wondered the same questions P&W asked you. Thanks. I bet that bear would have been a little suprised had you hit the horn on one of those sweet engines!!
  11. Q

Upgrading an old Athearn SW

I'm sure if you look hard enough or pay enough you could probably find some pre-cut. Personally I would just use some Evergreen Styrene clear about .010"
  12. Q

Walthers says "Just buy a new Shell"?

If Cal-Scale doesn't come through for ya....Plano just might have something and would even have the two little do-hickie's to go in your hole's. http://www.planomodelproducts.com/ You could even use one of there brake platforms which look to be the same size...
  13. Q

Model Engineering Works Caboose...

Very nice!! That's a cute little thing!
  14. Q

Juneco CNR Caboose project

That is looking fantastic!!! Nice work!!!

Back