Bottle Brush Conifers

Thank you Dave and GrampysTrains for taking some of your valuable time to reply and for the positive criticism.
About the pinetree thickness ( diameter ). I took my camera to the local park ,shoot some pictures of the "prototype" and compared it with my bottlebrush tree. Is it me or what ? but my tree doesn't looks thicker than the prototype.
Maybe that impression is caused by the fact that I took a closeup picture of the tree on my layout.

Here are 2 more pictures:
bottlebrushfinal3.jpg

bottlebrushprototype.jpg

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Jacques

I think it looks fantastic!! The trunk on your tree to me seems to be just right compared to the real tree.

Thank you quadk ( Kenny ? ) and West Virginia Midland Man( ??? ) for taking some of your valuable time to reply and for the encouragement.
Now that my bottlebrush tree looks good ( a lot better that my 1st attempt shown on page #5 of this thread ) I'm ready for mass production.

I agree that natural tree armatures looks better for deciduous , particularly sagebrush.
I've seen pictures of very good results using blueberry plants , they are easily available here in Quebec.

Jacques

Just watched the first one, great stuff man!

and Derfberger, if you're still watching, natural armature is a nice way of saying stick. :D So basically break off a nice twig and make a tree out of it.

Nice work! well done! you have some great ideas out there and not to mention, very artistically done, look all so real to me! looking at your work really inspired me to do some project like that for myself. I do hope I have the patience for it though, but your work is very timely indeed especially for the coming Christmas season, adding pine trees are very apt. I will get to work and have me one of those! thanks for the inspiration and the idea, more power to you!

Larry,
Could you please share your'e technique? Those are really good!

Nothing special in my method, in fact I got it from some people right here. I've created a photo album on photobucket to show how I do it. Other than time spent waiting for paint to dry, only takes about 15 minutes to make a tree. Sorry for the poor quality of photos, I was trying to work and take pictures at the same time.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/ClinchValley/library/Making Trees?sort=2&page=1

Back