Recent content by NYSW F45

1. NYSW F45

Mbta gp40mc!

how am i pissing on anything. i said it was a great model but the cab was off. What I dont understand is when someone posts photos of what they do, they dont expect someone to not like it or point something out that is wrong? If someone doesn't want anything negative about what they post...
  2. NYSW F45

Mbta gp40mc!

im not a rivet counter either, but something like that sticks out to much for me.
  3. NYSW F45

Bi-Levels are in!!!

his decals are quality decals, they were made by microscale. My issue is he didn't keep up with the licensing so he wont include the nj transit decals even though he paid for them for the models.
  4. NYSW F45

Mbta gp40mc!

The cab sits wayyyyy to high. http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=39740 http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3392417
  5. NYSW F45

Mbta gp40mc!

who built it? the cab is wrong, otherwise looks pretty good.
  6. NYSW F45

Bi-Levels are in!!!

very true. the decal situation makes me not want to bother anymore.
  7. NYSW F45

Anybody custom paint?

is he over there posting on that site?
  8. NYSW F45

Genesee & Wyoming painted units for new railroad

Now comes the tough part. Finding the correct horn................oh thats right I had a partially painted rtr tunnel motor shell for NYSW with all the correct parts on it that i no longer needed since athearn released teh final NYSW tunnel motor i just bought one instead of finishing one. So...
  9. NYSW F45

Ask and you shall receive. This is the sister unit, 3421. This one started out as a UP engine before going to DME. I used a Athearn high hood ns unit that I had patched into NYSW 3020. Since the prototype was scrapped at the end of last year, i decided to do it to my model. High hood came...
  10. NYSW F45

Im also building a sister unit. Adding the air pipe for the relocated horn.
  11. NYSW F45

Had to cut out the factory blower housing, one I had already wasn't the right one so i had to get a the right one. New one installed.
  12. NYSW F45

New DB hatch from another project, as most parts for this build are. New plow, mu hoses Adding roller bearings to the flexcoil trucks. Railflyer batton strips to be used once i get the plano fan hatch. New brass steps. Waste fluid retention tanks, custom cast by a friend for a...
  13. NYSW F45

So, about a year ago i contacted someone about a set of numberboards. I was very surprised that they got back to me and offered a set. When I received them I inquired about the loco they came from. They told me they came off a former DME unit which was now part of the newly formed Rapid City...
  14. NYSW F45

Bi-Levels are in!!!

I've wanted to build these cars for NJ Transit for some time, just dont have the cash for a 6 or 8 car set.

Back