Recent content by nateL

1. nateL

First HO scale weathering job

No big deal Dave, spelling doesnt really bother me :rolleyes: Thanks fo the link on the dulcote, im going to have to get some soon and that switcher looks pretty cool! I like the rust you put on the radiator screens. id love to get some conrail stuff to weather and detail. Thanks again...
  2. nateL

That I did, Dave. I see it ALOT on the real thing so I figured id add it in. If im not mistaken, thats the color new bearings are after the old have been replaced...and since I made that hopper looker older than dirt, I figurd it could use a set of new bearings on all its wheels :D -Nate
  3. nateL

Thanks alot Dave! Ill keep all this in mind. And I did have photos with me of the prototype...I just felt like it was kinda too boring for my first weathering attempt :p I kinda wanted to really go for it at first and see what I was able to do with it....also, what exactly is a dulcote? And...
  4. nateL

Ah yea I see what you mean. I think thats just the way I had the lighting. Because in person theres no shine, everythings a flat color. Including the rust, which I do agree looks a bit too red. An no it doesnt splatter, what you see on the trucks I did myself with a brush...just splattered it a...
  5. nateL

Its okay lol, no offence taken. The look i was going for was a heavily rusted worn out look. I might have over done it. The paint i used was actually called "Rust"...do you think I shouldve used the Dust one? I think what it might be is that I dont think theres an SD60 on earth that looks...
  6. nateL

So I've decided to get into some HO stuff lately and have come to the conclusion that I reallllllyyy enjoy weathering and detailing HO scale stuff. So heres a few pictures of my first attmept at HO scale weathering, First photos are of my new NS SD60 that I HEAVILY weathered with a rust...
  7. nateL

Identification of Loco

Are you wondering what type of locomotive it is? Well the shell is that of a GE B40-8W or C40-8W.....more than likely a B40-8W Good luck with it! -Nate
  8. nateL

helllllpppppp

Mine doesnt have those crews :confused:
  9. nateL

helllllpppppp

Really? Huh, I unscrewed the couplers the other day to see if that would work, but nothing happened...ill have to try again -Nate
  10. nateL

helllllpppppp

If I take off the fuel tank, theres four screws...but the manual says its to hold in the motor mount...othere than that, theres no screw or any type of slot under the locomotive. Its baffleing me haha -Nate
  11. nateL

helllllpppppp

Okay so Im back again, this time...I need to know how to take the shell off my HO Athearn SD 60...I cant get it off so i dont really know where to start :confused: theres doesnt seem to be any screws except for the ones under the fuel tank but thats for the motor mount? Im wicked confused...
  12. nateL

Detailing Questions

okay...i think i might have figured it out...a "rerail frog"? is this it if anyone knows? I think it might be... http://www.translationdirectory.com/images_articles/wikipedia/railroads/Rerail_Frog_or_rerailer_at_the_Saskatchewan_Railway_Museum.jpg
  13. nateL

Detailing Questions

Heres a picture of the yellow thing im looking for too, on the Details West website that Trey told me to look at...its on the rear truck in the SECOND photo.. http://www.detailswest.com/NS%20Models%20Page.htm ??
  14. nateL

Detailing Questions

Seriously?? Thats pretty cool, but also a pretty odd place to house a FRED haha...wonder if I'll be ablke to find one... -Nate
  15. nateL

Detailing Questions

Its alright. And hmm ill have to check that out, Thanks Trey!

Back