Identification of Loco

Rub

Hi all,

I know you guys can help me with this: Getting ready to put some paint on it. It came in a Walthers box with BNSF wrote in marker on the side.

100_2379.png

100_2380.png

100_2378.png

Are you wondering what type of locomotive it is? Well the shell is that of a GE B40-8W or C40-8W.....more than likely a B40-8W

Good luck with it!

-Nate

gee i think its gonna come down to wether the 4 or 6 axle frame fits, like nateL said, it probably either a B40-8W or C40-8W. Ill also agree that i believe thats the 4 axle model (B40-8W)

Thanks for the replys guys! How would I know if it's the B or C model?
WOuld there be a difference in the length of the shell? I still need to find/order the rest of the unit.

I paid a buck for this shell. Thats the only reason I bought it.. IT WAS CHEaP!! :D

Thanks for the replys guys! How would I know if it's the B or C model?
WOuld there be a difference in the length of the shell? I still need to find/order the rest of the unit.

I paid a buck for this shell. Thats the only reason I bought it.. IT WAS CHEaP!! :D
The C model is several scale feet longer than the B model. Most of the ex- Santa Fe versions of them had what is called a "gull wing cab", which has the sides of the cab roof indented to allow the unit to run through coal loaders.

Back