Recent content by monkeys

1. M

Choosing the correct paint

Hello! I'm building a model of the Sorrento Valley Station on the Surfline in San Diego. I've already made and primed my platforms, and I've tried to paint them, first with a mix made by eye (I'm colorblind, so that didn't turn out well), and with a textured spray can (The texture seemed out of...
  2. M

Scaletrains Dash 9 running horribly after one year

I bought a Scaletrains Dash 9 a year ago, and it had been running fine and sounded great until recently. I had taken a hiatus of a month or so, and when I tried running it last weekend, it ran incredibly slowly (13 scale mph) at full power. It keeps stalling, slowing down and speeding up...
  3. M

Designing a layout... need a bit of help

Hello! I've posted on here in the past asking for help 'redesigning' my yard, but I never went through with building it. I (quite foolishly) started laying my mainline tracks immediately when I got them, and as such I sort of limited my future possibilities. It's an HO layout, 10 x 5 ft...
  4. M

Yard Design - Help

I've constructed the outside loops and laid out a yard lead track, but have yet to lay any yard tracks at all, as I think my design can be improved. I'm modeling a loosely modern freelance prototype. I was thinking I could add some more engine tracks in the space. The layout is 10x5 feet, with a...

Back