Choosing the correct paint

monkeys

Hello! I'm building a model of the Sorrento Valley Station on the Surfline in San Diego. I've already made and primed my platforms, and I've tried to paint them, first with a mix made by eye (I'm colorblind, so that didn't turn out well), and with a textured spray can (The texture seemed out of scale and the color wasn't quite right either). Can anyone recommend a paint that could at least somewhat match the platforms in the picture? I have an airbrush but I don't mind brush painting as well.
paint.PNG

Hello! I'm building a model of the Sorrento Valley Station on the Surfline in San Diego. I've already made and primed my platforms, and I've tried to paint them, first with a mix made by eye (I'm colorblind, so that didn't turn out well), and with a textured spray can (The texture seemed out of scale and the color wasn't quite right either). Can anyone recommend a paint that could at least somewhat match the platforms in the picture? I have an airbrush but I don't mind brush painting as well.View attachment 166446
I would start with a light slate grey and add a drop of white one at a time till you get an approximate match, I don't think you'll get an exact match tho'.

Back