Recent content by Genetk44

1. Genetk44

Worse case scenario? Bachmann goes out of business

I have to admit I haven’t bought a new loco from either Bachman or Hornby in at least 5-6 years so am a bit out of the loop on more recent models. But I have to say that my experience personally, plus that of most of the guys I personally know, granted only about 10 people, was that Bachmans...
  2. Genetk44

Worse case scenario? Bachmann goes out of business

Bachmann UK 00 scale produces excellent products, far superior to Hornby in my personal opinion. So it would have a major impact in the UK if it closed. The US scene, not as much impact because there are more producers than the UK scene. I actually like Bachmann US locos…I‘ve always had very...
  3. Genetk44

Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Do you like the Powerwalls???
  4. Genetk44

1 ft x 6 ft Shelf Layout

I love smaller layouts. And there are actually quite a few sights for ideas and inspiration.
  5. Genetk44

A few ideas for a small switching layout

Thank you. 6ft by 1ft The board is balsa wood and bass wood….very very light
  6. Genetk44

This is a pic of my small layout at the very start of scenicing and when complete. it started as an Inglenook but I decided to add some trackage. But just angleing your lead track at the left and a bit of space on the tracks at the right of your plan will add visual interest...
  7. Genetk44

A small, manageble layout is the perfect start. You won’t be overwhelmed and yet it will allow you to get trains running and gve you a chance to hone all the various skills we use in making our layouts.
  8. Genetk44

Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

The Tiffany Aching books are worth reading…..gotta love the WeeFreeMen
  9. Genetk44

Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Late 1990s, about 1997-98 I was sitting in a little bar on a beach in the islands with a group of scuba divers….one guy had just retired from the treasurey department In DC…..we got to talking about debit cards and credit cards and how much more they were being used. He explained that it was a...
  10. Genetk44

Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Black forest gateaux or the trifle for me please
  11. Genetk44

Using Graphite on Rail Heads to Improve Conductivity and Operation

Basically you are correct Greg. I treat the top and the inside corner of the rails where the wheel treat and wheel flanges contact the rail... I don't get anal about it, just a quick pass with the graphite stick. I do use a high-quality graphite stick that I get from a local artists supply...
  12. Genetk44

Using Graphite on Rail Heads to Improve Conductivity and Operation

I've been using graphite for almost 20 years now. I was first told about it by a guy in the UK who ran his layouts at shows and exhibitions 5-6 times a year were failure was not an option. His take, which I followed was before using graphite for the first time, thoroughly clean all track and...
  13. Genetk44

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

What could possibly go wrong..... https://www.insider.com/crowds-travelers-pack-us-airports-trump-coronavirus-travel-ban-2020-3
  14. Genetk44

Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Boris..no I did not phone them. I did email them and did contact them via their social media and via text. No responses.

Back