Recent content by Genetk44

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Genetk44

Using Graphite on Rail Heads to Improve Conductivity and Operation

I've been using graphite for almost 20 years now. I was first told about it by a guy in the UK who ran his layouts at shows and exhibitions 5-6 times a year were failure was not an option. His take, which I followed was before using graphite for the first time, thoroughly clean all track and...
  2. Genetk44

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

What could possibly go wrong..... https://www.insider.com/crowds-travelers-pack-us-airports-trump-coronavirus-travel-ban-2020-3
  3. Genetk44

Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Boris..no I did not phone them. I did email them and did contact them via their social media and via text. No responses.
  4. Genetk44

Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

A short anti-Model Railroader Magazine rant. At this point I wouldn’t give Model Railroader Magazine even 1 cent of my money. They have with their latest update of their app, basically stolen every issue of the past 8 years of magazines that I bought and paid on their app, which is now so buggy...
  5. Genetk44

Show Your Work Area

6. Genetk44

Paint in the bottle: shaken or stirred?

Whatever size will slip through the opening, the bigger the better.
  7. Genetk44

Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Yeah....great minds with awesome taste in locos and livery
  8. Genetk44

Chet...that northern invader looks awesome on your layout!
  9. Genetk44

Not sure were exactly you are but considering what this storm has done to Abaco and Grand Bahama you might not want to take any chances. And yes that is a fish swimming past somebodys window in the Bahamas
  10. Genetk44

Favorite Locomotive

I like tank locos as far as steamers.....and I love the RS series of diesels. As far as models....I like any that can run dead slow and smooth and that have no motor or decoder noise.
  11. Genetk44

Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Terry..sorry you have to go through all this. I say B or adjust it to the switchers and shorter cars. No matter how small a place you end up moving into you can still have a small switching layout that will give you pleasure to build, scenic and run. Heck a 6ft or 8ft long by 1ft wide board can...
  12. Genetk44

Paint in the bottle: shaken or stirred?

The tips of the Vallejo bottles come out quite easily as Olie just described.
  13. Genetk44

Ahh, so southern Canada
  14. Genetk44

Haha..so where is your cabin Greg.
  15. Genetk44

Funny enough we can get the Johnsonville products but not Hillshire...but it seems Johnsonville has a plant here, in Ontario I believe.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.