Recent content by dekker

1. D

My first You Tube video Chicago South Shore GP38-2

Css Since I kinda got this you tube thing figured out I am going to go down to the layout and take more video.I will and post it on the tube and try to post a link here.Thanks
  2. D

Css I am sorry but I am an idiot.This is new to me I have no idea how to send a link. Once again I am sorry.
  3. D

I have never posted any stuff on you tube and I just sort of figured out how to do it today. Not the best, but if you are interested, go to you tube and put in Chicago South Shore GP38-2 HO scale and you will see a custom painted gp38 I got from the bay about a year ago. I know that there are...
  4. D

Found, great paint for model rr

paint Here is the website www.synta.com on there they list a web site of a craft place that sells Anita's paints on line and they only ask .67 per bottle and it shows 17+pages of the colors you can buy. Hope this helps.
  5. D

Found, great paint for model rr

It is called Anita's All Purpose acrylic craft paint. This stuff is great. It is waterbase. I brushed it on a DPM kit right from the bottle and it looks air brushed. I have an airbrush and have done several kits with it and this paint(brushed on) lays down just as nice. It comes in lots and lots...
  6. D

AC4400 or SD75 which is longer?

I am guessing that it is the AC4400 but I am not sure.
  7. D

Athearn rtr vs Altas silver series

I have several Atlas silver series locos and they are great. How does the modern Athearn rtr locos compare?Thanks
  8. D

Bach. Spectrum 8-40C noise question

loco Thanks for the info. I called Bachmann thismorning and I am pretty much out of luck. I do not have the receipt for the loco so I was told that it would be a 20.00 fee to look at the loco plus parts plus shipping. I only paid 25.00 for the loco to start with so I am going to post on the...
  9. D

Bach. Spectrum 8-40C noise question

I purchased a new spectrum 8-40c about 2 months ago. It has been a great running and very low noise loco. Anyway I was gone for about a week and I came home the other night, started to use this loco and it makes a loud grinding noise in the front truck(under cab)all of a sudden. It was not moved...
  10. D

Atlas silver/gold vs Kato (modern) HO who's better

I love my Atlas locos but thinking about buying some Kato locos. Looking for some input.Thanks!
  11. D

styrene foundation question

I just finished an HO scale Pikestuff modern day small engine house. I am putting it on one of the side tracks in my yard. I want it to have the finished concrete look inside. I have scraped away the ground covering and the ballast from the track. I want to give the structer that NEW building...
  12. D

Desert scenery tips needed

s Yes I used the fine burnt turf and that looks good.It is the sandy,rocky dried out look I can't seem to create. I guess I am not looking for smooth but I want that dry,sandy(white/light tan) look under the burnt dry turf.
  13. D

desert Yes, he does some great scenery. I have the basic concept on what to do I guess I would like it if I could get some step by step or how to's to do it. My layout as far as track, is level, it is the scenery that goes up and down. I have done a small area that has a southern desert look...
  14. D

I have an area on my layout that I want to do in a southern CA look. There is a large desert type layout on ebay right now for sale. The scenery is great.I want to do some of the same type on my layout. I know to start off with a light sand color base coat of paint but any good scenery ideas or...
  15. D

What do you think about MRC Command 2000 dcc

Time has come for me to get into dcc. I will only run 2-3 trains(tops) at one time and I don't need any fancy system. I just need a very BASIC dcc system. I have been looking at the MRC Command 2000 system. I know it is an older system but so far I like what I have read about it. Any input? Thanks

Back