Recent content by cncproadwarrior

1. cncproadwarrior

How to synchronize horns in a consist?

I was thinking of the lead loco scenario after I posted this. Thanks for the replies.
  2. cncproadwarrior

How to synchronize horns in a consist?

OK, I have a 3 diesel consist that works quite well. All BLI Paragon2 diesels (one with QSI sound). The only thing is, when I blow the horns, it's like an orchestra. Three different start times and three different end times. Other than muting, is there a way of synchronizing horns in a consist...
  3. cncproadwarrior

Problems speed matching old DC locos with new ones

Actually, I'm trying to consist them on DCC.
  4. cncproadwarrior

Problems speed matching old DC locos with new ones

I have an Athearn BB SD40-2 loco that I would like to incorporate into a consist with 2 new Paragon2 locos. It's like trying to mix oil and water. Are there any suggestions from the DCC gurus to stop me from going to hell with this exercise? :confused:
  5. cncproadwarrior

CN Train vs log truck

http://theeco-senior.blogspot.ca/2014/01/cn-collision-with-log-truckat-redditt-on.html
  6. cncproadwarrior

JMRI won't read the decoder in my Atlas GP40-2

I'm slowly learning to use DecoderPro. I have done two locos so far that I have also made into a consist. For some reason, DecoderPro will not recognize the decoder in my Atlas Gold GP40-2. It runs fine on my layout. Not sure why DecoderPro can''t see it on the programming track. Any ideas?
  7. cncproadwarrior

JMRI not a easy as I expected

My point here is that everything I've read in forums about DecoderPro says it's the model railroader's Valhalla for programming decoders. Nowhere have I seen negative feedback about it. I'm just letting people know what my experience has been. I mostly use freeware which is what DecoderPro is...
  8. cncproadwarrior

DecoderPro was supposed to make programming decoders easy so you could spend more time running trains. I find myself spending more time trying to figure out how to use DecoderPro than running trains. Sophisticated software is not supposed to be learned by trial and error. You're supposed to be...
  9. cncproadwarrior

OK, I spent the day playing with DecoderPro. It ain't as easy as I had been led to believe. Dare I say a big disappointment. 1- When I start DecoderPro, I get the Roster pane instead of the Initial screen. So I have to go to Settings to choose my programming method. 2- When I try to copy...
  10. cncproadwarrior

Pulling power

Wheels are all in gauge. Wheels spin. Goes on its merry way when I push down on it with one finger.
  11. cncproadwarrior

Pulling power

I've ensured that both sets of trucks and all wheels are pulling. All it does is spin. I push down on it with my finger and away it goes. It weighs about 14 ounces. I crammed lead into my SD40-2s to the tune of 1.5 lbs.
  12. cncproadwarrior

Pulling power

That makes perfect sense. But why did the most popular diesel ever have 6 axles?
  13. cncproadwarrior

Pulling power

With respect to weight, you can generally get more lead into an SD than a GP. So, wouldn't extra weight and extra wheels on an SD generally give more pulling power? I still think the wheels are too smooth on this GP to give adequate tractive power. I'm going to roughen them up a bit and see if...
  14. cncproadwarrior

Pulling power

What makes for great pulling power? Weight alone? I know that a 6 axle pulls better than a 4 axle but that aside, how can you increase pulling power? I have an Atlas Gold GP50 that can't pull 12 cars with metal wheels. I've added as much weight as I could. I noticed that the loco wheels are very...
  15. cncproadwarrior

Different couplers front and rear

Chassis looks ok and it runs great.

Back