Recent content by Burbs

1. Burbs

Question on foam baseboard and installing tortoise/blue point turnout switches

I’m in the planning stages for my benchwork for my HO layout and I’m leaning towards using 2” thick foam insulation board instead of plywood. The issue I’m seeing here locally that finding 2” foam board is hard but finding 1.5” seems a bit easier. My benchwork will have center supports so I’m...
  2. Burbs

Looking for ideas on my first layout

I really like the idea of writing the history of the railroad. I am so impressed with the elaborate backstories some of you have written, very creative. I am going to go that route as I agree it would beneficial when planning. Now my history of actual RR operations is very limited therefore...
  3. Burbs

My railroad will be fictional for the most part so their won't be a ton of history. I did buy the book from MR on track planning so I'll read that and note down my thoughts first then come up with a design. Chris
  4. Burbs

Hi Tony, I would like a continuous and I plan on modeling HO scale. After looking at the room again I think having it along that wall with the window is probably best. It's an odd shaped room so I realize it's going to throw some kinks into my thinking. Chris
  5. Burbs

I had been on this forum asking for advice on a layout and the only thing I was waiting on was buying a house after relocating for work. Well we finally bought the house and I have some pictures of the area I plan on putting my layout. On the second level, it has this little side area that...
  6. Burbs

Who here is under 50?

39 year here (with a lot of gray hair :rolleyes:) and I fell in love with model railroading when a kid in my neighborhood showed me his fathers collection. Really started thinking about it years ago but it was just a pipe dream. Now that we got our new house, I am working on my layout plan and...
  7. Burbs

i couldnt help myself

That's a sharp looking steam loco. You only live once, so I say it's worth it.
  8. Burbs

Atlas or Bachmann Alco Switcher?

Great feedback, I greatly appreciate it. Looks like Atlas will be my choice.
  9. Burbs

Thanks for the feedback. A2T, I can't find them below $100 unfortunately.
  10. Burbs

Looking to build a small switching operation to get my "fix" until we buy our home and to make sure that this hobby is for me long term. I've narrowed my choice down to either an Alco S-2 or S-4 and from my research, Atlas and Bachmann seem to be my only choices. What I am looking for is...
  11. Burbs

Railway Logo ...

Sharp logo Tony, looks like a winner to me.
  12. Burbs

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

+1 on what Tony and logandsawman said. Great video.
  13. Burbs

My first layout HO scale

Are you a fan of the infamous architect Art Vandelay?
  14. Burbs

My first layout HO scale

WOW! Amazing detail. You have a great talent there.
  15. Burbs

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

That's what happens when you leave the audience wanting more!!!

Back