Who here is under 50?

39 year here (with a lot of gray hair :rolleyes:) and I fell in love with model railroading when a kid in my neighborhood showed me his fathers collection. Really started thinking about it years ago but it was just a pipe dream. Now that we got our new house, I am working on my layout plan and hope to start building soon.

24 y.o. college kid here. Been doing this since I was 5. Work and school keep me pretty busy, but there's always a little bit of time for this hobby.

You know, seriously, it is great to see "younger" people involved with model railroading. Not only does it destroy the "image" of the hobby being an "old guys hobby" BUT, and more importantly, it is keeping the hobby alive for years to come and for others to participate in when the "old guys" are no longer with us.

I think we could have a larger audience in the future if 10% of the children fascinated by Thomas and Chuggington etc, stay interested.

I came off the production line in January of '69.....great cars, great music, pre Conrail and Milwaukee Road a few more years left!

Back