My first layout HO scale

Little update of my container area

I tried my hand at weathering and am ok with it. Wish I was more of an artist though...lol
I gave my concrete a first coat of grey but it came out to dark, so I washed it with a very light grey and then with some white, then added a dark grey for the expansion joints.

I'll be adding some yellow/black danger lines and some yellow lines to mark where the containers go, need to build my fences, add the ballast (when ever I decide to buy it), build a road and the office building. I'm still waiting for my well cars that are suppose to arrive in March.

For now, I set up everything to see what it would like, so here are some pictures:

View attachment 47844

View attachment 47843

View attachment 47845

View attachment 47842

Any comments welcome
Later

............... BUT, just a bit too clean and tidy :)

What's to clean and tidy, the container area or my working area?

If it's the container area, well I still don't have much scenery items. I've got a list, but need to stay on budget

If it's my working area, well the wife as a say in it. I need to clean my area every week so that I don't bring any guck upstairs or else I'll have to clean the upstairs to and believe me, the basement is nothing, besides, I've just started so I can't have that much stuff lying around.....lol

I have a long bar counter as a work bench for building small stuff and a long work bench for bigger stuff
I'll try to remember to post a picture next time

Hawke,

I was talking about the Container Terminal but wasn't meant as a criticism cos it really does look great and will look even better once you get your scenery and things into it.

My wife absolutely hates clutter so I am surprised that I am able to get away with everything I have laying on, in and around my layout. I should qualify that by saying that my wife and I share the layout room.

Hawke,

Your so organized and "neat" - how do you do it?! :) You know, to be "truly recognized" as a Model Railroader, you gotta learn the art of "Mess/Clutter and Confusion" :)

Hawke,

Your so organized and "neat" - how do you do it?! :) You know, to be "truly recognized" as a Model Railroader, you gotta learn the art of "Mess/Clutter and Confusion" :)

You and Lynn are my source of inspiration, I know I'll be recognize in time......lol

You and Lynn are my source of inspiration, I know I'll be recognize in time......lol

Thanks Hawke, I'm flattered - I think :confused: Oh well, so long as your inspired and yep, it is inevitable that you will become a fully fledged member of the Model Railroading Fraternity sooner or later ...

Those are the details that really make the layout!! Nice Job

Agreed, it IS the little things that make the layouts and spending all day painting little Black and Yellow Lines (even though you can buy that exact thing as a Vynal Tape) is one of those things :)

For your info Hawke, take a look at this:

lineotape_zpse4d21c53.jpg

The web site seems to be down at the moment, but Lin O Tape has a large range of Vynal Pin Striping tapes at very good prices, including your Yellow and Black and Black and White Diagonal Safety Tape. My save you a days work and give you the chance to mess things up a bit ;)

Tony, NOW you tell me....gee, I could of save lots of time...lol...just kidding
Thanks for the info, will be helpfull in my phase II

PS. What's the name of the site?

Hawke,

The site is called "Line O Tape" but have tried getting into it and it seems to be down. I'll keep trying, as I need to buy some white tape for my road lines, and when I get in I'll post the link to the Vynal Tape part of it for you.

Okay so,

lesson #2 - Ask questions BEFORE you start something - someone just might have an answer that could save you time :)

lesson #3 we take great delight in giving all newer Model Railroaders the experience of doing things the hard way FIRST, then quite happily suggest easier ways for them to do it in the future. It gives us all that warm fuzzy feeling knowing we have helped in some small way.

Caveat: If you don't like lesson #3 - refer to lesson #2 - Just a thought :)

I like your lessons Tony, but what is Lesson #1? "Its my RR and I'll run it anyway I d***ed well please"?

That was my Dad's, from when he had a Lionel set up before I was born. He helped me alot with mine, but did let me make mistakes. He called it "getting experience".

Thank you very much
More to come as I was mainly painting the warehouse today and building the inside where the doors are open

Back