My first layout HO scale

Thank you both

I guess my civil engineering/architecture background come in handy
Wish I had learned just the basics in electricity, but with all the help here, I should be ok
Later

I need your comments

The fun part of a layout are the details, so now I don't know if I should keep the roofs over the platforms, what do you all think?
a) roof
b) no roof
c) just one, but which one

View attachment 47993

View attachment 47994

View attachment 47995

Quick question, in the third picture, I have plastic connectors because of the bumpers, does it stay like it is or do I need to do anything else?

The main roof of the building will be painted black and still waiting for the roof objects to come in
Thanks for your responses
Later

I like the roofs.

As far as the plastic joiners, I would go with no joiners and put some ties in and let the ballast + glue hold it together.

Really nice work!!

I'm getting in on this a little late but I get to see a lot of progress in a little time!
Love the container yard and the loading docks with the rooves too!

Thanks Tony, much appreciated

Took a small break today. I was suppose to go to my grand daughter's baptism, (2 1/2 hour drive) but with a snow storm and gusty winds, I was better staying home. Last week I got rid of my wood stove and that gave me more room for my trains. So today sat at the computer and worked on the new area and also worked on my mountain town and I think I got it right. I know...... while building, there will be changes.

Here's a few pictures of how I want it to look:

View attachment 48322

View attachment 48323

View attachment 48324

Just started working on the village, working on my 4th house
The top part you see will all be winterized (village and train station)

Lots of work ahead

Been a week, so here's a little update,

View attachment 48488

Finally received the roof items and still waiting for the fine ballast for the roof. I also finished the bumper contours for the 4 garage doors (not in photos) and installed the ladder to the roof. I'm still waiting for the lights to come in.

View attachment 48489

I've bee working on 2 houses (2 left ones). The roofs aren't done yet because they all go in my winter scene and the roof will have snow, so don't feel like putting to much time on doing the roof.

View attachment 48487

View attachment 48490

I've also been working on the snow village which will have 7 houses, a church and a skating area with a gazebo and a running creek. (as you can see from the previous post.

Later

Back