Jeffery
Neat night shots!

Carl
Neat phone!

Selector
Neat shot!

Jim
Great modeling shots!

The RK&M had a fast reefer train to send out.

fr01a.jpg

fr02a.jpg

fr03a.jpg

fr04a.jpg

You have quite the collection of interesting reefers Tom. :cool: I think that my favorite out of all of those is the 'Chateau Martin Wines' , very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
As always some great and enjoyable work being shown off this weekend. Sorry to be so late with my contribution, but I had the chance to go to my son's house for dinner tonight and that means a chance to play with my 10 month old granddaughter.......

I am still working on the farm scene at the top of the hill. Here is an overview of the area as of this evening. The house is now in place along with the Milk House, Aeromoter pump, Barn with silo and the farm equipment in the scene:

CowBarn10w.png

One fun little scratch build for the scene is the clothesline in back of the house. Hey, 1925, you had to have those things...

FarmHouse2w.png

And of course back then you absolutely needed that "house behind the house", the obligatory two hole'r out near the back fence.

Outhousew.png

FarmHouse1w.png

This side of the road is basically done except for some details like the Dairy Cattle, a few dogs and cats, and some humans to take care of them.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray~ Your farm scene is looking absolutely fantastic. It is truly a great piece of detail and will look even better once the rest of the critters are in there. Great work.

I think this is my favorite part of the forums, looking at everyones work and admiring all the great modeling every week.

Just finished this one up. Needs a bit of weathering and it'll be complete.
download2.jpg

download3.jpg

100_1915.jpg

100_1913.jpg

Have you ever had that door on a structure that just didn't look right without a light over it? I had just such a door and did something about it.

This is a view in the light.

P1010005-30.jpg

Here it is with the room lights off.

P1010001-64.jpg

Jerome~ Looks like a good start on the CSX, looking forward to it's completion.

Jeffrey~ I think that the lights are taking over, they look pretty good.

Don, thanks, you'll soon have a great layout at the rate you're going.

Crandell, I did notice that Dave was trying to be helpful on the WPF across the street - maybe that's a good sign. Thanks for the compliment on the station. That's the only structure I saved from the original layout I built in 1968. I've always liked all the roof and gable details on the Atlas station and it looks bigger than it is so it doesn't take up much room. Just couldn't bring yourself to buy that green glitter nail polish though, huh? :)

Tom, that is a sweet collection of reefers. How long have you been building those? I used to live about 20 miles for Château Martin Winery and they still had a few of the reefers on the plant spur off the old NWP in the early 70's. They were gone by 1977 and I don't know where they ended up.

Ray, that farm scene came out fantastic! The best part is that clothesline. It may be small but it really contributes to the overall scene. We had one just like in the backyard when I was a kid.

Jerome, you are finding some of the most oddball pieces of junk to model. You'll never have to worry about someone showing up with the same model as yours. :D Nice job on the models so far.

Mike, interesting site. I knew a guy who had one of those small rail cars ("speeders", as they are called here) but I didn't know that fans were also starting collect high rails. Expensive hobby.

Excellent work all around this weekend.

Thanks Jim

I have been collecting them for the last three or four years. I have about another 10 kits on the workbench. I also have some RTR's.

As far as the Château Martin Winery I also have two steel reefers that are RTR from Intermountain. I need to weather them before I put them on the layout.

Back