Weekend Photo Fun 12/21/07 to .........

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
I figured it was wintertime, so I decided to finish this Snowplow that has been sitting in a box for years.

100_1179.jpg

This week I started the decals on 4 of the 12 GP-60's I have painted. Waiting on quite a few detail decals to come in though.

100_1180.jpg

Like that plow, Jerome! I need one of those for the MOW Dept. on the SLOW. Thanks for starting a new thread. I think the weekend before Christmas deserves its own thread not an add to last weeks.

I have installed blue ropelight for simulating night time on the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR. Here are the first shots of Nightime with the lighting on the layout.

Hopewell Junction enjoys a summer concert in late evening:

HopewellAtNight01w.png

HopewellAtNight02w.png

HopewellAtNight03w.png

Thank You Aggro. All it needs is some Aggro weathered cars down in the yard to give it more class. If you ever do any USRA period cars let me know!!!

Jerome, great way to start the WPF off with a bang!

Ray, awesome, nice work on the blue lighting! May I ask what you used, and where you got it?

Jerome, nice wedge plow - looks like you're ready for some heavy duty snow fighting. How do you manage to get things painted and decaled so fast? I've been working on a dinky loading dock for my team track and I'm still not done.

Ray, those rope lights add just the right effect for a moonlit night. Are those things dimmable? I was thinking of getting yellow, white and blue strings and then dimming and brightening depending on the time of day. I'm hoping to get some cheap in the After-Christmas sales.

better question is where did you get that plow? im looking for one aswell for my mow department and future layout.

Jim-shhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone but I have a job that I can take my trains with me and work on there 8 hours a night ;)

NYSW F45-It's an old kit I got way back. It is a Walthers Russel snow plow. I don't even know if it's available anymore. I have seen them on ebay once in awhile though.

Jerome thats going to be one impressive line up.
Ray the bandstand looks stunning now it's done, and the lighting just looks stunning

I did a quick retirement present for a friend at work, i only had one night to do it in, he was very happy with it BTW
10-08-07139.jpg

better question is where did you get that plow? im looking for one aswell for my mow department and future layout.

The Russell snowplow is a now out of production kit made by Walthers. I've assembled and kitbashed quite a few over the years. You might be able to find them on eBay.

Jerome nice plow and Loco's . Ray really nice nighttime shot . Steve I retired a few years ago . When do I get mine ? Lol just kidding it looks like a nice gift for your friend .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone!

Jim and Josh, I got the rope lights here: http://www.1000bulbs.com/ Just click on Rope Lighting on in the left hand column. Jim, yes they are dimmable (and Flashable). While they are great for night lighting, I wouldn't use them for most other times of day. The yellow might be able to create that "just before dawn" look though. I think you should be able to get that with just a dimming circuit and incandescents. The rope lights from 1000 lights are 3 watts per foot but are supposed to have the same lumen output as the standard 6 watts per foot. One reason I bought from them. Another is that I can get 150 foot rolls of it. 3 extra plug in cords and some other connectors are included plus they have excellent prices and are very dependable to do business with.

The effect is quite stunning in person and the photos really don't do it justice.

Jerome, Those locos look better every week. Josh clever idea to use blue lights for night, lots of shots I have seen loose some detail because they have just the layout bulbs.
Steve Ill book you for my retirement present in 25 years please.
Jeffery looking good quite an array of power.
Just need to check last weeks thread to see what Ive got thats new !

John
RJR

Just wizzed through last weeks thread, some impressive stuff guys, if this weeks as good it will make cracking Christmas viewing.
Refreshed my memory... A few weeks ago I posted my boys plans for the subway
subwaystairsmadebyjake.jpg

This week I got it made
2-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

3-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

John
RJR

got the last rail joints between the modules soldered in place today, nice smelly work, looking better today though
10-08-07151.jpg

10-08-07148.jpg

Back