Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
KARL - Hope that you are OK? Absolutely love the Dockside. That one is certainly beautiful!

MIKE -- You have tears in my eyes on the password reset! Every three months Kate and I have to change the password on the employee American website. I know exactly that it goes like that!
The last time I had to spend half an hour trying to re-engage the system - finally calling for help!

OK, Patrick, You seriously need a nice long vacation? With all the sick and comp time that you have; it is past time for a little R&R don't you think?
With all the outside activities going as well - I am wondering why you have not already had a breakdown?

GRIZZLED, prayers for your wife .. stay strong!

TOM in MO: Nice layout. A close up shot for me to see the "fencing", please? you sort of lost me there!

CURT - Hope you are still recovering ... and that things are fine with your dad?
BTW - how old is he if you don't mind.
G'day Sirfoldalot,

Layout in Tom's Lion's Den (renaming of the Can-Am Train Room) is a work-in-progress and not ready for "prime time" fotos.
Perhaps this shot from another location and angle will provide a bit of clarity regarding the "ounce of prevention" . . .
DSC02097.jpg

Later!

Tom in Missouri

Afternoon All,

Actually, had a good night. I did not have to get up due to itching, but of course I got up because I had to pee.:confused: Took Dad to the VA for his 3 month cat scan of his lungs. After getting home I finished up McCauleys but still need to do the landscaping for it and Wiley's the last build. They sit next to each other. Tomorrow I'm driving over to my friend's house to pickup the new Walthers Pennsy western region tower that was finally released.

Tom in MO- That will be a nice sized layout.

Mike- That is my Dad trying to anything on his computer.

Karl- I hope you feel better. Nice looking tank engine.

Sherrel- He's 91. His Mom lived to 99. We're doing an Alaska cruise next April (2025). It was supposed to be a getaway for just MOH and me. Not anymore, he found out about it and invited himself along. So, I guess we can spend the cruise looking after him like we do at home. Some vacation. One thing I have learned starting when Mom got sick is that caregivers need time off for their mental health from time to time. I don't mean to sound bitter, but I get frustrated at times especially since no one else in the family wants to help out. Rant over.

20240320_125553.jpg

20240320_125614.jpg

20240320_125741.jpg

20240320_125755.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

I don't mean to sound bitter, but I get frustrated at times especially since no one else in the family wants to help out. Rant over.
Curt, I understand completely. I've been there and done that and I would do it all again. I'm sure you would too. That's not to say there weren't times I got frustrated. There were many! We are only human. God bless you for all your efforts and your wife for having the patience to put up with all of it.

I'm glad the rash is getting better.

MIKE -- You have tears in my eyes on the password reset! Every three months Kate and I have to change the password on the employee American website. I know exactly that it goes like that!
The last time I had to spend half an hour trying to re-engage the system - finally calling for help!

This constant forcing password resets is dumb. We have to do it at work. But the "best practices" recommendation now from the security experts are that that is not helpful and actually encourages bad security behavior from the users.

They even force me to change the passcode on my company issued iPhone every so many months. Which means I have to remember it and if I don't it can cause it to get locked i[ pretty much permanently if I miss too many times. Has happened to me once. I ended up reinstalling (not on purpose, I hit the wrong button when trying to break in) from scratch.

My sympathies.

Hungarians refer to beer as liquid bread. I suspect other cultures do too.
Yes in Germany there is a similar name tradition. IIRC During Lent or other fasting times the tradition or myth states they brew "Starkbier" or "Doppelbock" or strong beer (double the alcohol) because it was their liquid bread and nourishment while fasting.

And yes, I don't drink alcohol, but the history of liquor and beer I find interesting and have read all sorts of articles about it :)

Afternoon All,

Actually, had a good night. I did not have to get up due to itching, but of course I got up because I had to pee.:confused: Took Dad to the VA for his 3 month cat scan of his lungs. After getting home I finished up McCauleys but still need to do the landscaping for it and Wiley's the last build. They sit next to each other. Tomorrow I'm driving over to my friend's house to pickup the new Walthers Pennsy western region tower that was finally released.

Tom in MO- That will be a nice sized layout.

Mike- That is my Dad trying to anything on his computer.

Karl- I hope you feel better. Nice looking tank engine.

Sherrel- He's 91. His Mom lived to 99. We're doing an Alaska cruise next April (2025). It was supposed to be a getaway for just MOH and me. Not anymore, he found out about it and invited himself along. So, I guess we can spend the cruise looking after him like we do at home. Some vacation. One thing I have learned starting when Mom got sick is that caregivers need time off for their mental health from time to time. I don't mean to sound bitter, but I get frustrated at times especially since no one else in the family wants to help out. Rant over.

View attachment 184563

View attachment 184564

View attachment 184565

View attachment 184566

I hope everyone has a good night.
G'day Curt,

16x8 ft should be adequate for me to enjoy Toy Trains rambling 'round 'n round. At this stage of it all - that is fine with and for me.

Model Trains in HO was all operating in spite of relatively simple sets of tracks; dozens of turnouts and sidings along with power on/power off toggles kept me busier than a proverbial one-armed-paper-hanger (wonder if people still do that?). Anyway . . .

Cheers from Tom in Missouri

Yes in Germany there is a similar name tradition. IIRC During Lent or other fasting times the tradition or myth states they brew "Starkbier" or "Doppelbock" or strong beer (double the alcohol) because it was their liquid bread and nourishment while fasting.

And yes, I don't drink alcohol, but the history of liquor and beer I find interesting and have read all sorts of articles about it :)
Almost any beer that complies with Reinheitsgebot is my idea of beer!

I used to drink lots of beer and whiskey. I've had two beers this year and one shot of Jameson. For health reasons.

I can tell you if you drink more beer and whiskey than water dreadful things can happen. No need to ask me how I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back