Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with backs.

It's Troy again. Still having issues with the back. Nothing bad, but it's got that annoying little twingie ache. Using the arthritis gel rub on it. That's a localized NSAID pain reliever that works pretty well, and I don't get the tummy issues that taking an Ibuprofen gives me. But, I took one this morning, because I forgot to apply the gel.

Three things in the mix today.
1. Gather documents and send them to HRM King Chuck's tax men, so I can start selling ebooks and print books in the UK. I put that off and got a nasty (for the British) notice about it. I gave the laundry list a read-through and it's not as bad as I originally surmised. They're trying to cover ALL the bases in the letter. Looks like I only need to submit about a quarter of it.

2. Taxes for the US...wife wants to work on them this weekend. I have two 1099s to chase down, and one spreadsheet to generate. The other spreadsheet is already done.

3. Register for the NINC convention down Terry's way in St. Pete Beach. This one always sells out, so I nab a spot as soon as it goes live (6 minutes from now as I type this.) That author convention is mid Sept at the Tradewinds resort. Always have a good time and learn a lot.

Finished up the Sherman Tanks. Those who know Brit Unit designations told me I mixed up company numbers and logos... So EXTRA mud got applied to cover up the offending digit. I'll post pics later.

G'mornin' Gents and Ladies (of course!),

Hot mugga Joe, black please and how about an English muffin with just a dab of creamery butter? Thanx!

Bit of a late start for me on this fine day; about 35 (F) out there with clear skies; first oh-fish-ul full-day of Spring at that.

Yesterday, did a bit more work on my newly constructed Lionel O-gauge layout with LionChief sets (03).

I decided to go the safe route with a finishing touch on the edges of my walk-around 16x8 ft board. Had one of those near-death experiences the other day as I inadvertently darned-near knocked my new Santa Fe Chief F unit to the floor reaching across it to do "something." Caught it in time as that would have most assuredly ruined my day; to say the least!

I have a bunch of those rubber-matting-interlocking floor tiles (2x2 ft) in my basement and there are two (02) detachable borders on each. By putting the borders together I am able got get about a 2-1/2 rise that I hot-glued to all around the layout, It is simply an ounce of prevention but far better than nothing at all. Once I get into more finishing touches, the borders will be painted and somehow blended in with whatever choice of landscaping I select.

The foto should give y'all a better idea of what I am talking about. As for the layout fotos - I will provide them later on in a submission on the Layout forum; once I get A-ROUND-TUIT that is!

A refill please and then I'm off to do what needs doing around my digs.

Later . . .

Tom in Missouri DSC02095.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning gang.

Taking a sick day today, woke up with a very sore throat and pain in my right ear. Also with a very tender area on my right side at the bottom side on my rib cage. Dr. appt is set for 12:30.

Lots of little niggling projects to try to finish up if I feel well enough to go to the basement. If not, I do have some electrical planning to contend with blocks and signaling and control panels. Wife can help with the panels because once designed, she can cut out the faces on her Cricut machine, the lay the design on a contrasting sheet of plastic or plexiglass then I can take it from there.

Tom in Mo.
for you!
round_tuit.jpg

Just sitting here at work prayer Ing for death.

I mean waiting to go home.
Awww c'mon it ain't that bad. After all, you could have the job of giving a suppository to an elephant with the runs and a bad attitude! :rolleyes: ;)

97 at shop.JPG

Did somebody say somethin about rickety tank engines?

BBL

Morning folks

Taking my wife to her last follow-up appointment for the cataract surgery she had done last fall. Another one of those situations where I can't say anything but she no longer reads and only leaves the house for doctor's appointments. But I guess she can better see the completely stupid TV talk shows--------

Good morning gang.

Taking a sick day today, woke up with a very sore throat and pain in my right ear. Also with a very tender area on my right side at the bottom side on my rib cage. Dr. appt is set for 12:30.

Lots of little niggling projects to try to finish up if I feel well enough to go to the basement. If not, I do have some electrical planning to contend with blocks and signaling and control panels. Wife can help with the panels because once designed, she can cut out the faces on her Cricut machine, the lay the design on a contrasting sheet of plastic or plexiglass then I can take it from there.

Tom in Mo.
for you! View attachment 184544

Awww c'mon it ain't that bad. After all, you could have the job of giving a suppository to an elephant with the runs and a bad attitude! :rolleyes: ;)

View attachment 184545

BBL
Sakura dockside------ I have not seen one of those in a while.

Good morning gang.

Tom in Mo.
for you! View attachment 184544

View attachment 184545

BBL

Hello Karl,

Thanx for the TUIT - I have a bunch off 'em here that I purchased awhile back; nice to have when the occasion arises.

As for "things" - well, that all is relative to one's situation I suppose. I am not one to put out my woes in the Ether (or anywhere else), but the twists 'n turns life throws at us all can at times be overwhelming. But - I appreciate the good intentions.

Another mugga Joe, please - then I must get back to whatever I was doing!

And they say the first thing to go is . . .

DSC02102.JPG

Later . . .

Tom in Missouri

Last edited:
KARL - Hope that you are OK? Absolutely love the Dockside. That one is certainly beautiful!

MIKE -- You have tears in my eyes on the password reset! Every three months Kate and I have to change the password on the employee American website. I know exactly that it goes like that!
The last time I had to spend half an hour trying to re-engage the system - finally calling for help!

OK, Patrick, You seriously need a nice long vacation? With all the sick and comp time that you have; it is past time for a little R&R don't you think?
With all the outside activities going as well - I am wondering why you have not already had a breakdown?

GRIZZLED, prayers for your wife .. stay strong!

TOM in MO: Nice layout. A close up shot for me to see the "fencing", please? you sort of lost me there!

CURT - Hope you are still recovering ... and that things are fine with your dad?
BTW - how old is he if you don't mind.

Last edited:
KARL - Hope that you are OK? Absolutely love the Dockside. That one is certainly beautiful!

MIKE -- You have tears in my eyes on the password reset! Every three months Kate and I have to change the password on the employee American website. I know exactly that it goes like that!
The last time I had to spend half an hour trying to re-engage the system - finally calling for help!

OK, Patrick, You seriously need a nice long vacation? With all the sick and comp time that you have; it is past time for a little R&R don't you think?
With all the outside activities going as well - I am wondering why you have not already had a breakdown?

GRIZZLED, prayers for your wife .. stay strong!

TOM in MO: Nice layout. A close up shot for me to see the "fencing", please? you sort of lost me there!

CURT - Hope you are still recovering ... and that things are fine with your dad?
BTW - how old is he if you don't mind.
He's older than dirt. I mean, Curt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back