Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt, pepper flakes, onion flakes, minced dried garlic flakes.

How come you aren't working today??
Thank you!

I'm done. We usually do two blocks, but the pay was not good enough for the second. I have better things to do than work for "punk" money!

I make my own meat seasoning, salt pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.

Are the flakes better than the powders?

My wife makes the pork chops in the frying pan. My Shake and Bake pork chops are no comparison to hers. I'm not sure of what she seasons them with. I do know she uses fresh garlic.

My wife has made me an honorary "Eastern-European garlic eater" and I'm loving it!

Last edited:
Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with Tina's phone #

It's Troy again.

Two weeks ago when my eye issue started at the Train Show, I passed by the booth for our local hobby store. He told me that he'd just purchased an N-scale estate from a local modeler who had passed.

So, today, I finally found the time to get down there. Here's my haul.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.01.33 AM.png

The local Philharmonic is doing neighborhood outreach. Of course, we've got one of the high muckety mucks of the FW Phil here in our neighborhood. So wife and I are heading over about 2pm to the clubhouse to do the meet-and-greet and listen to the chamber music from a quintet.

More on that, later.

Your work is always first rate, thanks for sharing,
Louis I just when down stairs to start my new train room ceiling project. I hope I can do a first rate job but I have the figure out what I'm going to do with the basement windows that would be above the drop ceiling. Maybe I can't do a drop ceiling. Anyone have any ceiling suggestions? I would like to be able to have access to all the plumping & electrical junction boxes that are currently attached to the floor joist,
Swal

Salt, pepper flakes, onion flakes, minced dried garlic flakes.

How come you aren't working today??
I have no stove yet Willie. A few days ago Home Depot showed up with my dishwasher installation kits and he started measuring all the door opening. I said, you also brought my stove he said no I have a dishwasher. There's nothing wrong with the dishwasher you brought last week. The stove was broken. He said there must have been a mix up I'll call my manager. No wonder my friend does use their delivery service anymore. Someone here said, they have to many jobs to do. I don't know about that, but I hope they get it right on next visit. They've been here twice and got it wrong both times.
Swal

Louis I just when down stairs to start my new train room ceiling project. I hope I can do a first rate job but I have the figure out what I'm going to do with the basement windows that would be above the drop ceiling. Maybe I can't do a drop ceiling. Anyone have any ceiling suggestions? I would like to be able to have access to all the plumping & electrical junction boxes that are currently attached to the floor joist,
Swal
Build a box around the window access area, and drop-ceiling up to the box. Paint a piece of Plywood to act as ceiling inside the box.

Anyone want the Beverly Hillbillies on their layout?

Wiilie-This would look great in front of one of your general stores.

They would look great anywhere on my layout.

Afternoon All,

Started out today at 51F and it's only 55F now. I am not looking forward to my walk tomorrow at an expected 45F. :eek: You may laugh but remember I have lived in FL since 1995. It is darn cold for us.

Today I did some chores then put 3 coats of gray craft paint on the inside of the 44 Tonner shell and the back of the removed doors. Tomorrow I think we're decorating the tree. We have a 4' one this year that sits on the table to prevent skunk issues. The joys of having pets.

Smudge- That sucks.

Joe- Thanks for the quick response and paint info.

Mac- Awesome job on the TT. I know you must feel good about it. Do you have power to the bridge track yet? If so how did you do it?

George- Your work looks great.

Mike- Sorry for your family's loss.

Troy- Nice haul.

I hope everyone has a good night.

My wife has made me an honorary "Eastern-European garlic eater" and I'm loving it!

Garlic is great. Koreans eat a ton and though my wife was born and raised in Japan, her ancestors go back to Korea. The best "fresh" garlic is the crushed garlic from Korean companies found at Asian stores. Not the minced stuff that looks like sand -- this is like a jar of garlic "paste" or crushed garlic. For those who don't want to crush their own cloves. I use it all the time and put it in all sorts of sauces, cook meats and veggies with it, eggs, etc. And of course stir fries and other Asian foods..

This is from yesterday and they are more advanced but the siding guys have been busy. This will eventually be painted white. (Both board and the battens).

Drywall guys are supposed to start this week but I've not heard from them. I'm still finishing up last little bits inside like running the last network wire, adding excess scrap foam pieces to the interior walls for sound insulation between rooms, etc.

Once the wood is delivered the framers are ready to add the "sun room" enclosed porch to the back (outside the concrete house walls).

IMG_3777.jpeg

Garlic is great. Koreans eat a ton and though my wife was born and raised in Japan, her ancestors go back to Korea. The best "fresh" garlic is the crushed garlic from Korean companies found at Asian stores. Not the minced stuff that looks like sand -- this is like a jar of garlic "paste" or crushed garlic. For those who don't want to crush their own cloves. I use it all the time and put it in all sorts of sauces, cook meats and veggies with it, eggs, etc. And of course stir fries and other Asian foods..
I agree, Garlic is great!

I came late to the garlic party. Before I met my Hungarian wife, I doubt ever had garlic. If I did, I didn't know it. I wasted almost 40 years before I realized how good garlic is. It could have been worse; it took me fifty years to try brussels sprouts. Who knew they tasted like cabbage? I love cabbage!

For some things I use fresh garlic, like the Thanksgiving Turkey. Usually, I use Spice World minced garlic, like in my homemade salsa. My hands are not what they used to be. Sometimes there is no option to use fresh garlic for me. Spice world is good and easy to get from my local grocery store for about $5 for 32 OZ.
1701203281888.png

My wife only uses fresh garlic, she is vehement about it! She always buys USA garlic and picks out each one individually. She only buys a few as we need them.
1701203362672.png

When I use the minced stuff in the jar she says, "I can chop the garlic for you". Sometimes I want her to take a break, I can cook and do dishes, occasionally that is. Once or twice a month, sometimes more. I tell her "Go put your feet up and watch a movie, I'll call you when it's done."

When I serve dinner all the pots and pans are washed and drying in the dish drainer. All I have left is serving bowls, plates, and dinner dishes. It is what she does and the least I can do to give my little Angel an occasional break.

Today I made "Thanksgiving Stew" we loved it!

Last edited:
George- Your work looks great.
Thanks Curt I want to be able to remove everything if necessary. That's why I only use screws as fasteners. In case there's some kind of backup I can just dismantle it all. Now I'm trying to do what Troy suggested, box out 3 basement windows. I guess I already did some of that years ago. Now that I look at it, I don't think it will be that big of deal. I would like to get this done as fast as possible so I can put the lighting back and start running trains again.
Swal

Boxed_window.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back