Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sir it is!

My wife and I watch Christmas Vacation several times over the holidays. Along with the Polar Express.

Karl, that reminds me. Our youngest grandson spent last weekend with us. We always watch a movie together. I suggested the Polar Express. He said "I'll wait until December to watch that with you" I thought of you!

Dawn and I always watch Christmas Vacation just before Christmas.
Oldest Grandson as asked to be with us to watch 'Christmas Carol' starring Alastair Sim. Another favourite of mine.

Don't forget the most important part of the day, the huge meal! :D

That will help you fall asleep way before 8:00.
The football games are the most important part of the day for me! I eat good every day and it's not like we are having hotdogs. ;)

I don't have a big appetite anymore, but I am looking forward to my home-made sauerkraut! I had a huge head of cabbage that needed to be eaten. I buy too much food. I chopped the cabbage and made sauerkraut. I have not done that in years, I love it! The left-over sauerkraut will be eaten with hotdogs!

One Thanksgiving many years ago it was only my Dalmatian, Mickey, and me. We ate turkey hotdogs :D And watched football, it was great! Of course, I had sauerkraut, but Mick did not like it.

I will struggle to stay awake to finish the second game. I don't need help falling asleep before 8pm. I'm usually in bed at 5pm watching TV until I fall asleep minutes later.

I'm usually on the road in the morning by 2:30am. I don't need to set an alarm. If I do oversleep my wife will wake me up. She does not use an alarm either.

Don't forget about Ralphie....

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 5.49.47 PM.png

My electronic Plano came yesterday. $129.00 which I think is a great deal for a 61 (full size keys) keyboard. I haven't played in over 40 years but it didn't go that bad. I guess when your almost 80 your fingers are kind of stiff. Not as fluid as they use to be. This is not going to be easy though. Playing the base line with your left hand and lead with your right is a bit confusing. Boogie Woogie players have to overcome this. I'll see if my mind is up to it.
Swal
Donner_DEK_610_01.jpg

To me, it's not Christmas until I see "A Christmas Carol" with George C Scott. "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, (Never mind the shots of the Santa Fe and SP Black Widow units traveling from New York to New England) or the original Grinch. Also I won't discount "Miracle on 34th street" with a very young Natalie Wood.

"White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, (Never mind the shots of the Santa Fe and SP Black Widow units traveling from New York to New England) or the original Grinch
'Christmas Carol' starring Alastair Sim. Another favourite of mine.
Christmas Carol starring Alastair Sim...the best, even though the film comes across grainy, Channel 11 WPIX usually on Christmas Day.
White Christmas, was my mother's favorite movie, she had the sound track on 78 long play records (pre Vinyl)...they even threw in other Crosby Christmas Carols including jingle Bells...what you remember. eh?
Then there was "Babes in Toyland", with Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy...on after the NYC Macys parade on Thanksgiving, Channel 11 WPIX. 11AM, repeated at 3PM. A New York Tradition.
Boris personal favorite is The Nutcracker Ballet, usually on before Christmas on PBS.

Belmar - 11_09_23 - EAW.jpg

Today, we went to Belmar, NJ and walked from 9th Ave to 14th Ave and return...1.37 miles walked, 37 move minutes...No cane either, just my legs for power :D A year ago, I could barely walk across from the living room to the kitchen, holding on to anything that didn't move... Right now the goal is very other day.

Nightcap Flo, I need it.
So I get home from work with a 3 day weekend ahead to find out the dishwasher doesn't work and my wife had to do the dishes by hand. Sounds like the washer works fine as I sit down with a nasty look on my wifes face. So what is or isn't doing and all I get is it's not working. After checking things seems it doesn't want to go into wash cycle. Off to Youtube looking for possible fixes I saw a few on cleaning it out. After cleaning the filter and screen I went to the discharge hose to make sure all was good. The last thing was pulling the discharge pump to make sure that was clear. All clear so filled the sump with water to prime the system and started running, but part way through it quit.
Next I found a video on doing a diagnostic test and it would run each component to see if it was working. Did this twice to be sure and everything was good.
Tried to run the cycle and all is good, running now like nothing happened. Don't know if something was sticking and when I was able to run each component individually that it did something, not sure.

To me, it's not Christmas until I see "A Christmas Carol" with George C Scott. "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, (Never mind the shots of the Santa Fe and SP Black Widow units traveling from New York to New England) or the original Grinch. Also I won't discount "Miracle on 34th street" with a very young Natalie Wood.
All my thumbs up (Let's face it...I'm all thumbs, plus the one stuck up my...oh, never mind)...

...all thumbs up for the George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol" too.

Survive the three minute intro and you can see it in HD.

---------

As for music, there is still only and ever the one Christmas album for me: Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

"Christmastime is here":

and "Greensleeves":

and "Skating":

"Skating" is still my favorite instrumental of all, and I'm big on instrumentals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back