Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little more - I usually chunk up a whole brisket ( that what y'all are calling a 'packer'? ) by cutting length wise then those pieces in half. I do not trim anything as grease from the fat does give taste and helps keep the meat moist. Sometimes I get a hair up and rub oil over the whole thing before spicing: Peanut, Olive, Sesame or plain Veggie. The wetness of the oil also helps with the thaw and if spiced that infuses into the meat and fat somewhat. I have found that no matter what meat you are playing with, never cook near frozen; you want the internal temp to be at least above 40F - room temp is better. Then into the oven, BBQ or smoker. The smaller pieces usually go for about 8 hours @ 190F.

Later

Happy Anniversary Patrick!

Troy, your 15lb packer (untrimmed beef brisket) should take about 3 full days, (72hr + or -) to thaw in the refrigerator. Depending on the temperature of your refridgerator. You can thaw it faster by putting it in a plastic bag and soaking it in cold water. I would keep it in the refridgerator until Saturday night. Before you go to bed rub a little salt on it. Then soak it in cold water. Make sure the plastic bag does not leak. Wake up early Sunday to smoke it. Or smoke it Tuesday, that will work. Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy your brisket!

Willie, for a man who says organization is not his strength you are amazingly productive!
1685124934414.png

The clutter worked well for him!

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 68F and damp from the night's rain. It's been lightly raining off and on today. Tomorrow it's supposed to dry out. I did some inside chores today before working on trees. I planted 40 trees today and have 22 in the garage that need foliage.

Hughie- Is that you going on vacation? :D

David- When I saw the red balloon I immediately thought of the movie "It".

Joe- I was talked into the watch by MOH. You know how that conversation goes. Nice photos.

Troy- Very nice models. Were they kits or 3D printed?

Louis- Nice photo.

Willie- More nice scenes. I have the same cabinet except w/o wheels.

I hope everyone has a good night.

A point of interest / warning these new AI bots are literally trawling the internet picking up and sifting through old mail.

A person put up an exam and said the machine was clever as it knew all the answers, not clever it is sifting literally EVERYTHING.

If you reuse passwords or use simple passwords on line that have ANY real (edited to correct misspelling)words or connections to banking let me p,ease warn you to delete them, a private message is not private to these bots. if you do not want your address or personal details picked up and then used against you, be very very careful.

If you have ever said anything on a forum or on the internet you would not want used against you, it is probably too late they probably have sifted through it.

So first think about any passwords, then check you have not reused important ones on sonething not important because it was easy to reuse it, and protect your selves. These bots are connecting dots, and then being used as source for people, crooks, governments et al (and all) to try to take advantage of you.

Sorry to be a doom queen, but I would prefer you considered if you should be checking, many will not have made these simple mistakes and think me stupid for putting this up, but for those who may have left them selves open, please be aware.

Oh and whilst on the subject apparantly a new software is making it easier to steal cars, I do not know the details but it has to be computer interfaced. do not leave important paperwork in your vehicles. also for those that use sat nav it may be best to not actually list your home as your home,although your last journey will likely be a big give away.
Again no details,just doom queen, we personally have our car behind the house, and not near the road for easy removal, as an EV owner we are likely more vulnerable to technological break ins, sighs.

A point of interest / warning these new AI bots are literally trawling the internet picking up and sifting through old mail.

A person put up an exam and said the machine was clever as it knew all the answers, not clever it is sifting literally EVERYTHING.

If you reuse passwords or use simple passwords on line that have ANY real (edited to correct misspelling)words or connections to banking let me p,ease warn you to delete them, a private message is not private to these bots. if you do not want your address or personal details picked up and then used against you, be very very careful.

If you have ever said anything on a forum or on the internet you would not want used against you, it is probably too late they probably have sifted through it.

So first think about any passwords, then check you have not reused important ones on sonething not important because it was easy to reuse it, and protect your selves. These bots are connecting dots, and then being used as source for people, crooks, governments et al (and all) to try to take advantage of you.

Sorry to be a doom queen, but I would prefer you considered if you should be checking, many will not have made these simple mistakes and think me stupid for putting this up, but for those who may have left them selves open, please be aware.
I won't say much, but there have been a couple of AI members that have joined here recently. They've been disposed of, but there's another one that the Baninator is watching closely.

Happy Anniversary Patrick!

Troy, your 15lb packer (untrimmed beef brisket) should take about 3 full days, (72hr + or -) to thaw in the refrigerator. Depending on the temperature of your refridgerator. You can thaw it faster by putting it in a plastic bag and soaking it in cold water. I would keep it in the refridgerator until Saturday night. Before you go to bed rub a little salt on it. Then soak it in cold water. Make sure the plastic bag does not leak. Wake up early Sunday to smoke it. Or smoke it Tuesday, that will work. Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy your brisket!

Willie, for a man who says organization is not his strength you are amazingly productive!
View attachment 169075
The clutter worked well for him!
Does that mean if you pile more books and paperwork then your smarter, I must be a genius lol

Evening all,

Lawn mowed, patio setup, garden weeded again. Grandkids helped us get the house ready. The granddaughter adimate she didn't want to be paid..."I'll just use the money to buy you a gift". Ok, but now you have some money to do that if you wish. 😁

Gas at $3.09 here, but $3.24 in Wichita.

Thanks for the congrats.

Ctlibby: Congrats on 9 years.

..."anything you say can and will be used against you"... I still wonder why people are so willing to talk themselves into situations they had nothing to do with.

It's the 6th Inning...the Phillies - Braves game is on - Philly TV 10 is coming in for once - it's the 6th inning, and the Phillies just blew their lead...

News 12 crews were all over the Shore this morning - "the unofficial start of summer" - FB had a picture of a major trafficjam on the "Driscoll Bridge" (carries the Garden State Parkway over the Raritan River), titled the photo "BENNY Hill". and the slow, low flying banner towing planes were flying over a perfectly clear blue sky. Yes it's Memorial Day Weekend at the Jersey Shore.

Ouch! Texas Rangers 10 - Orioles 1...top of the 7th. DeGrom must still be on IR. Phillies regained the lead 4 - 3, top of the 7th. No Hockey tonight.

AI has been the topic of conversation in both the "Times" and WAPO for several weeks...but bots infiltrating this forum is somewhat disturbing...what else are they into?

Hwy 88 Lakevood 05_26_2023.jpg

Westbound Chesapeake & Delaware freight crossing Hwy 88, in Lakewood, NJ this morning, (05/26/23).

Meanwhile, in the spirit of the season, the CNJ RDCs return to my layout for the summer season.
Bennydrill 2023.jpg

Good Evening!

I just finished booking passage on this boat, for June 22:
BC Ferry.jpg

Looks like the wife and I are going to Vancouver Island for a full week of fishing, crabbing, and general tom-foolery.
I'm not sure if they have trains on the island, or not. Suppose I'm going to find out. The camera will be with me all the way.
It's still a month away, so plenty of time to do some snooping and find out what's on the island.

"...anything you say can and will be used against you..."
Louis - I found that funny; it made me smile. Not that I'm over familiar with the words being said to me. - Just a little bit.

Have a great night, folks!

Ouch! Texas Rangers 10 - Orioles 1...top of the 7th.
Chuck Thompson would say something like, it's best to let it all out in one game.
That is why they play 162 games.

The Birds rookie phenomenon Gaylon Rodrigez is still struggling to learn the art of pitching. Throwing hard is not enough in the big leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back