The “Give Tony Grief” Thread

Yep it does and gives me a bit more wiggle room as well. Only problem now is, I can't really do anything until the turnout arrives so the track work has come to a stand still for the moment. I suppose I could use the time to put in some risers and sub roadbed? Nah - where's the fun in that? :D

I figured I had to do something to the layout today so here it is - one more length of flex track put in, complete with Drop Feeders :)

Oh95mfP.jpg

After looking at the other end of this track work I concluded that a Wye wasn't going to work all that well and would cause the flex to be bent too much; as such, I ordered a large Curved Turnout for the "topside" of the layout that will give a constant radius for the track work. Truth be known, I should have used a curved turnout here as well.
I definitely like your rollercoaster ! Sorry I can't resist to write that. :p

So, are we ready to witness the fact that your track work does not have to be perfect? What ever you do though boys and girls - don't do this without adult supervision .......... oh cwap, who am I kidding - here yu go:

I must have watched this video at least a dozen times, I'm not sure whether your the bravest man I know to risk a loco like that, or the craziest, whichever it is, keep up the good work mate.

Well I suppose it shows the track curve works …I wonder if it could make the curve pulling wagons……looks guilty…sniggers…runs

Yep - it certainly does, well with 6 cars any way :) :)

I must have watched this video at least a dozen times, I'm not sure whether your the bravest man I know to risk a loco like that, or the craziest, whichever it is, keep up the good work mate.

Ahh yeah I dunno on that. What I do know, or have at elast been told is - the Jury is Still Out talking about it .......... 😂

In all seriousness, and I am going to sound conceited unintentionally, but it does show how much confidence I have in my track work and Peco Track and Turnouts. What it also tells is that if your joins are solid and the supports you use are solid then that is what really matters,

Caveat - I am by no means suggesting that anyone try to get away with this as a standard policy - THAT would be plain idiotic. BUT, if you think your trackwork isn't that great - then think of this :)

Last edited:
Have been sitting back and looking at where the new track work is going. I was thinking about trying to take short cuts to get it in and secure BUT the potential short cuts would be more work than doing it properly. My intention now is to "trace out" where the new track work will run then transfer that onto one of two things; 2" Foam or 1/2" ply and then cut out the sub road bed to be fixed to some 1" X 3" risers - most of which I already have and that can be reused. That is the plan anyway ...

Have been sitting back and looking at where the new track work is going. I was thinking about trying to take short cuts to get it in and secure BUT the potential short cuts would be more work than doing it properly. My intention now is to "trace out" where the new track work will run then transfer that onto one of two things; 2" Foam or 1/2" ply and then cut out the sub road bed to be fixed to some 1" X 3" risers - most of which I already have and that can be reused. That is the plan anyway ...
Good plan to take your time-Back where some of that track Is, you want it to be right!

If you want to see his site it's here and I probably have a doz of them I never used All the others are in the basement somewhere
And do not use a switching power supply or they go nuts
So offer still good to send you some just let me know
https://www.classixaudio.com/751D.HTM
Tony Just an update I do have a 18 vdc 1.4 amp power supply but i need to order one of those PL11 switch motors to make sure it will work
All of mine that I used were powered by 12 vdc 2 amp The PL11 needs either 16 vac or 18 to 22 vdc
I.m thinking the only thing would be the led power and that's nothing for six of them Might change the resister on the board it's 1000 ohm maybe 1200 or 1500 ohm
I did send an email to Ken still waiting on reply
The CDU you got will work perfect but the 751D have built in led support and they require DC supply
So as soon as I get the PL11 and can test it Then you'll have something else to drive you nuts :p:p

Back