The “Give Tony Grief” Thread

Tony Ken got back to me about the power supply 18VDC at 1.4 AMP and he thinks it should work But he said try the 12VDC at 2 AMP
Might be ok also weill see when the PL11 gets here
He did mention maybe adding a bulking cap to the 18 VDC one for a little extra power but might not need one

He just emailed me again and said to use something like a 4700uF cap or even more then one we'll see

Last edited:
Tony Ken got back to me about the power supply 18VDC at 1.4 AMP and he thinks it should work But he said try the 12VDC at 2 AMP
Might be ok also weill see when the PL11 gets here
He did mention maybe adding a bulking cap to the 18 VDC one for a little extra power but might not need one

He just emailed me again and said to use something like a 4700uF cap or even more then one we'll see
PL11's are rated at 1.5amp, so be careful

PL11's are rated at 1.5amp, so be careful
Chris got it backwards got to thinking about it and the 18VDC 1.4AMP might just work by itself
The 12VDC 2AMP I might need to add the caps to they will raise the voltage so could take one or four
to get the voltage up as needed

And the amperage don't matter My one pc has a 1000 watt power supply about 90 amps on the 12 volt rail

So the Curved Turnout arrived this morning - I have it attached to a small section of track, that gets connected to the original turnout, and that section wired with Drop Feeders.

xuDPlZs.jpg

All I have to do now is join the other lengths of track work and add some drop feeders to it and all the track should be in. Then I will have to add the sub road bed - yeah I know a about but hey, it isn't a big deal, in fact, it is probably better his way as I can locate the sub road bed exactly for the grade and track.

Last edited:
In an effort to distract me from other problems I have continued wiring up lengths of flex track with drop feeders - well - one more anyway. I looks like I will need a small length of "fill" track to join it all up at this point.

Once the track work is done, I'll then run my main DCC Bus Wires and connect up the Drop Feeders. IF everything goes to plan, then I should be able to install the sub road bed and "lift the track work" into its final resting place and grade.

That will finalize the basics of the layout - then the fun begins :)

So I have done nothing on the layout today what so ever. Tomorrow might be different - I might do some more to it. I need to get to Lowes to get some 2' X 4' 1/2 Ply for the sub road bed. That is my job/task for tomorrow - Saturday.

Um, well - I am not really trying to build anything ... I am actually "rebuilding my little test track and have added a little more track to it ..." Perhaps some people just aren't used to being kept up to date with what is happening and (more importantly) how it is happening ... or just not used to seeing something that was being re invigorated :p :D

When all is said and done though - I AM building a layout and doing so in what I hope is a slightly more entertaining way to most "build threads" ;) :)

Um, well - I am not really trying to build anything ... I am actually "rebuilding my little test track and have added a little more track to it ..." Perhaps some people just aren't used to being kept up to date with what is happening and (more importantly) how it is happening ... or just not used to seeing something that was being re invigorated :p :D

When all is said and done though - I AM building a layout and doing so in what I hope is a slightly more entertaining way to most "build threads" ;) :)
I think this is a great idea, expanding an existing layout allows you to try new 💡 without having to go back to scratch, and if the idea doesn't work you still get to have some train time as the original layout is still serviceable. To me that's a win win.

Back