Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Happy Members !
This morning (it's already 11:44 am in France) I built my new benchwork. It needs a coat or two of paint. I am very satisfied with the result. I used all the wood I can find in my garage, so I didn't spend any money at all !

127.jpg

Hmmm... didn't watch the telly yesterday... did you pay any attention?

I mean it was hours and hours of televised excitement. I wasn't sure I could handle that much in one day. At least in Kentucky, it was over in about 2 minutes.

Who won the Coronation Derby? It was too much excitement for me to handle.

I hear Chuck was the frontrunner, and tailed by Cammi...
Will-he-is was another strong favorite, and P-Kate might have started three steps behind but she closed the distance quickly.
Then the colts Louie and Charlotte were full of energy
Or was it Harry on the outside?

Who pulled it off and won the crown?

Hello and greetings to all . Sorry to have been away for quite a spell,but I have been busy. Guys it is with heavy heart that I have sad news. Yesterday (Saturday) my Mother of 85 years passed away at the nursing home where resided for the last five years. From what I guess,she must have had a stroke, or something like that,and I was with her,when she passed. Now begins the difficult task of settling her affairs,and laying her to rest. Your thoughts and prayers are most welcome. When the dust settles, I hope to post some photos of my more recent purchases,and maybe finally get some kind of layout up and going. I hope everyone here is doing okay,and keeping the trains running. Y'all have a good one. William.

Hello and greetings to all . Sorry to have been away for quite a spell,but I have been busy. Guys it is with heavy heart that I have sad news. Yesterday (Saturday) my Mother of 85 years passed away at the nursing home where resided for the last five years. From what I guess,she must have had a stroke, or something like that,and I was with her,when she passed. Now begins the difficult task of settling her affairs,and laying her to rest. Your thoughts and prayers are most welcome. When the dust settles, I hope to post some photos of my more recent purchases,and maybe finally get some kind of layout up and going. I hope everyone here is doing okay,and keeping the trains running. Y'all have a good one. William.
Our condolences to you and your family.

Dawn & David

2023 Kentucky Derby: Mage ran past Two Phil’s in the stretch to win the 149th Kentucky Derby on Saturday. Mage went off at 15-1 odds in only the colt’s fourth race. Mage had never won a stakes race before Saturday and did not race as a 2-year-old.
View attachment 167887
I know Bruette that's why I didn't use him in my $10.00 triple bet. I ended up winning money for the day because of the promo they had going. I thought that was a great deal. I just chose the races that had small fields.
Swal

Sorry for you loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Condolences from my family to yours. One day at a time on getting her affairs in order.

Good morning to the Saturday TV watchers. I watched 5 minutes play time maybe but what seemed like a 100 commercials in the Laker/Golden State game and the last 2 periods of the Oilers/Vegas game. I have said my piece about the monarchy.

Really a wasted day yesterday after I got home. Trying to stay awake in the afternoon was a chore and then when it was time for bed I was wide awake at 11:30 to midnight. Got in bed with the IPadPro watching a replay of the Warren Buffet/Charlie Munger answering questions at the Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting. Turned the lights off at 1:15am and woke at 8:45 feeling pretty good.

The son is off in about 1hour to Omaha to pick up his mom and aunt to fly them to his place in Austin for a few days. Seems like the next 2 weeks I am living at medical centers getting a full every 10 year physical, dentist, getting fitted for new glasses after 4 years with these, getting the hair cut, helping at the 1st work session on a N scale layout, and attending the grandson’s soccer games. Today though I need to hit the deli and bakery at the local HyVee grocery store.

I did finish weathering a Centerbeam rail car yesterday afternoon.
880D706A-08E7-4E09-A0F2-E9F7F1D90D57.jpeg

Enjoy the day

Last edited:
Good Morning All. Clear and 68° after a brief thunderstorm last night before midnight. I found 0.35" in my rain gauge this morning. It was an event that was originally in the forecast last week, removed on Friday, but happened anyway.

We went to Dallas to pick up the new to us car yesterday. Took way longer than I liked, but I guess it's all part of the game.
1683469046225.png

My wife is on the road with it and our oldest daughter on the way to a four day "girls" trip to Fredericksburg TX for their own winery tour and tasting vacation. I was invited but declined. I can do a couple of in-house projects without having to pick up my tools every night while she's gone.
Afterwards, I went by Discount Model Trains and picked up some stuff. I haven't unpacked it yet since...when I got home, I found two large boxes from UPS on the porch from Chet. A lot more odds and ends from the late Logan Valley Railroad. One prized catch is a complete box (18"x24"x18"), packed full of trees.
IMG_3427.JPG

As many of you might remember, I dislike making trees and I am not particularly good at it anyway. Many of these are quite large and will be planted soon. Many more smaller ones underneath.
There are some structures, detail parts and figures as well. One container with over 100 painted figures.
IMG_3429.JPG

I am big on using figures on my layout with over 1000 mostly hand-painted (by me) already there. I'll be working these in ASAP.
I'll be giving a closer look at the other stuff in the next few days as I sort it all out.

Meanwhile, I charged up the camera battery and downloaded the progress pictures of the BBQ food trailer site that I had been working on.
IMG_3419.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG
IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

Todd - One of the surest signs of Spring here is not the earthworms, but the emergence of the snakes from their winter dens. Here that's usually late March, but I must have missed them this season. I had earthworm movement in my compost pile in February when I was moving it to the garden site.
Curt - It is a toss-up to me whether I like the blue/yellow warbonnet paint scheme or the red/silver one better. Both are better than most any version of the BNSF "pumpkin" scheme.
Mikey -
I will recommend he take less "stuff" for his room.
A walk up 2 or 3 flights of stairs in a dorm will fix that.
Louis - Best of health moving forward.

Missed both the Coronation and Kentucky Derby yesterday. Oh well! More interesting things for me to do.

Everybody have a great day. I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back