Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stop the rioting, robbing, or destruction of business, but by gum we can't let a cold one be purchased for them!

Over 130 people were cited in California on Saturday on suspicion of purchasing alcohol for minors.
A “Shoulder Tap” operation took place statewide involving 44 local law enforcement agencies in partnership with the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC).
During the operation, a minor under the supervision of law enforcement stands outside of a liquor or convenience store and asks customers to buy them alcohol.
The minor will indicate they are underage and cannot purchase alcohol.
“If an adult agrees to purchase alcohol for the underage person, they can be arrested and cited for furnishing alcohol to a minor,” authorities said.

How stupid do you have to be. Any time a minor wants something that is not right -- especially when they make sure to emphasize they are a minor underage (in chat, outside a liquor store, or anything) -- run away.

(Don't involve yourself with unknown minors anyway, of course. My advice is not for people in this forum but for the stupid heads out there.)

I do like standard time a bit more because kids here don't have to go to school in the dark. I realize that this is relative in other time zones as well as longitude.

As my wife mentioned this weekend -- kids in Sweden and Finland have to go to school in the dark and they are not traumatized -- our kids can handle an extra month of going in the dark (as that is about all it changes anyway).

I'll take DST year round. And today it was already light when the daughter went to school. A little darker than last week but still not dark. And in dead winter it is dark in any case.

Ever had a day when you thought to yourself, I should have stayed home.

My day so far.

Got to yard at 6am, allocated vehicle which I had last week I can't use, no wipers, indicators and engine management light on, mechanic says nope take another bus, ok only one available is the blue and red Volvo, which I sometimes take.

Drop kids off at college, pick my second group up for their mechanics course which is 5 miles fom the college. Didn't make it that far, that's when I broke down as I posted earlier. Waited for the mechanic to arrive, nope no power to the starter motor, electronic fault, probably a burnt out relay, needs to be towed back to our yard.

Leave the vehicle at the side of the road, travel back with the mechanic, pick up another vehicle, coach this time, travel back to where the mechanics course is being held, which is where I am now, 16.00 take these back to the college, drop them off and pick up my kids to take home at 16.45. Hopefully I'll get back by 18.15 and go home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back