Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember breaking down in South Africa with 45 tons of timber, by the time the mechanic arrived I had about 1 ton left.
did your 45 tons of timber look like this?
load o logs.jpg

DAVE - My Spouse said that back when she was a kid that she saw loads like that - that there was no way they could stop, thundering down the hills with the ground shaking as they went by!

P.S. Is thaat you standing there?
No way that was me! I havn't ever had the joy of hauling logs. I think what we call lumber, the Brits call timber. The loggers could stop........but only once! ;) ;)

Afternoon All,

Started out today running errands. Today is also MOH's 65th birthday. I told her she's an official senior citizen now, but she wasn't impressed. :DLater the extended family is taking her out to supper. Today in the train room I started the layout cleanup by dusting structures, vehicles and roads. This time around I'm going to clean rail car wheels also.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Can someone suggest a good modeling vacuum?

Mikey- Nice collection of cars.

Patrick- What does PE stand for?

Smudge- Sorry to hear of your issues, but I guess it's an occupational hazard.

Chad- But think of the poor snowflakes with hurt feelings that fall apart at any adversity.

I hope everyone has a good night.

As to DST My wife and I are retired, so time is meaningless to us. Its windy and cold so we wont go anywhere. A nice feeling when it snows I dont have to go out in it. Meanwhile my wife is getting rid of her sewing stuff so an excoworker is taking it. The two of them are in the dining room talking.Do females ever have to breath when they talk? Oh well
Mike

Good Afternoon All!
40F @ 82% and sunny

Remember me talking about an Athearn CN unit that would only run in one direction? Has a MRC-414 decoder wired in. Don't have any info on the decoder although it looks like Black and Red go to track pickup, with Orange and Gray to motor. So if memory serves, that seems to be OkieDokie. Means that either the bridge ( 4 diodes in the pix ) has lost some of its smoke, or the IC is partially toast. I was not expecting to see a decoder in the thing anywho and I have not verified the problem.

IMGP0629.JPG

Oh, and I took off the insulating tape around the decoder.

Later

Good Afternoon All!
40F @ 82% and sunny

Remember me talking about an Athearn CN unit that would only run in one direction? Has a MRC-414 decoder wired in. Don't have any info on the decoder although it looks like Black and Red go to track pickup, with Orange and Gray to motor. So if memory serves, that seems to be OkieDokie. Means that either the bridge ( 4 diodes in the pix ) has lost some of its smoke, or the IC is partially toast. I was not expecting to see a decoder in the thing anywho and I have not verified the problem.

View attachment 164301

Oh, and I took off the insulating tape around the decoder.

Later
Oh that wiring pains me. Plus why go though the trouble of installing a decoder with that rusty old contact strip. High resistance could be causing performance issues. I am a self professed wirings snob. Tape is something I never use, shrink wrap is the way to go!

Oh that wiring pains me. Plus why go though the trouble of installing a decoder with that rusty old contact strip. High resistance could be causing performance issues. I am a self professed wirings snob. Tape is something I never use, shrink wrap is the way to go!
Karl: that brass buss bar is the 1st thing that would get removed; light hanger too. Whomever did the soldering did a pretty good job though. The decoder is dated '96 so I will probably play with it for a few seconds, then trash it if necessary adding a new one with additional lights and stuff. Will clean up all the running gear at that time. Also, shrink wrap is good except where there could be vibration - I use Kapton tape in those locations as it is a little more stiff.

Later

Last edited:
My husband buy loads of shrink wrap….then I still see the devil using tape lol, and he would be the first to agree with you to do a proper job….is that. Do as I say not as I do lol

I've heard it said by folks wiser than me is that the reason women don't fart is that their mouths don't close long enough to build the required pressure! ;)
Lol, my other half won’t agree,
1. I do fart, drink bubbly pop, eating brassicas,baked beans, things I avoid in public or company
2. My mouth does not close often,
so either the pressure builds up fast in my case,or that old wives tale is rubbish….……belches…rolls sideways and farts….
yes yes I know not lady like…..sniggers…
hopefuly the other half won’t see this comment….he would cringe on my behalf
lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back