Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, howdy there internet peeps, and those with 20 bags of oak leaves.

It's Troy again.

Just did the third round of yoga stretches for today. FINALLY sitting in the recliner with my feet up.

And feeling the leg cramps courtesy of the Meta-Prednisone or what ever it is.

Back is twinging a bit around the L4-L5 disk.

Because of the MetaPred I'm off of Nsaids until that course is complete.

I told the wife I was going to try to hit Keto hard this week. So... Wife looked shocked tonight when I pulled the air fryer out and dumped in Onion Rings to go with the grilled burgers.

Told her I read the common side effects. Water retention and weight gain. Keto might offset that somewhat. But I'll feel like I'm wasting the keto effort. The last MetaPred pill is taken on Mon. So I'll look at restarting Keto next week, and just be sensibly low carb as much as possible. Though I did promise the wife we could do our normal thurs night pizza tomorrow.

Been watching the progress of this myself. Seems like they've been working on this project for a long time. I heard from my dad that when they were driving the pilings going across the lake that they almost lost one out of sight. Thanks for the photos. For those that want a visual of what it used to look like (48.27645289860015, -116.54546233782838: https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...!8m2!3d48.276577!4d-116.553465!16zL20vMHMxNTQ )
Bigfoot: Where are you located? Send PM if you don't want to be public with it. It is always good meeting other members; if you are nearby of course.
As to the new 2nd track across the Lake, they were starting to put in material and barges about April 2020. I think I posted pix back then, will check if I can go back that far. I got to see it for 5 weeks straight when I was going to CDA for radiation treatment on Prostate. It didn't seem like anything changed for a long time. Sure, they were busy double-tracking most of the line from Parkwater and that has been done for quite awhile now. Still have to do between Irvin and just East of Barker Road - don't know if that will be ever be done as the bridge over the Spokane River is single track.

Sandpoint station is still a wonderment. Back in circa 2012/14 they were gonna tear it down. Then they decided to move it North a few hundred yards. Erik who's last name escapes me just now, got with the historical society and the station has been designated. Not sure who did all the bird-dogging with that. I met Erik when we were setting up ATCSMon antenna spots near ( some not so near ) the tracks. So, looks like BNSF has to deal with it where it sits. Being 60 miles out of Spokane, I still am surprised that it is even open. On top of that, if you don't know how to get to it, ya almost have to circle the wagons just to find the ...um... driveway to it. I thought that Erik had a website for it, but can't seem to find it now.

Later

Morning, Cold and Snowy

1678364072107.jpeg

Morning all,

First issue of the move email project...turns out we need to change our MX record and I can't do it as we have that contracted to another company that doesn't open until 9:00a. It's a delay, but not the end of the world.

Hopefully that's the only glitch....probably not.

Currently 42° and drizzle going for a high of 52° later

Welp, howdy there internet peoples and those who didn't win Powerball last night

Just checked my numbers, and that includes me. Maybe next time.

Slept well last night. Woke with minor additional stiffness in the back. Leg cramps from the Medipred weren't bad enough to interfere with sleep.

Actually got to sit in the recliner last evening, with the Fuzzy editor. He was happy that we were back to the normal routine.

Wording the words today. Will check back in later.

Good morning from Arizona. Flooding warnings are out because some dam is having unscheduled but “planned“ water releases. No idea how that makes any sense. I have been talking to the brother for over an hour. The 1 hour time difference has had no affect, but I think it changes to 2 hours this weekend. We will see Sunday morning what my world clock says on the phone. Move the clocks one hour forward…

JazA has started in my view a very interesting continous thread. Weathering buildings and accompanying details. Her scenes are typical JazA scene, well done. Her sentence structure is untypical JazA but she is definitely in her element. Take a gander to see what she shows, her reasoning and hopefully more how to…

I was heading out for a walk at 6AM local time but the brother said wait till 8. They have mountain lions that come down out of the hills in the early morning and they cross the walk paths on the golf course I would be traveling. Usually gone by 8, I will skip my morning walk while here today and tomorrow

Found another building from my digital camera download.
I have gone to a couple estate sales of train modelers and made an offer for everything left from the sale.
This is usually scenery supplies, odd rolling stock and parts and pieces of various kits.
I found three walls for a small business structure that I kit-bashed into Sharkey's Bait & Tackle.

Attachments

• 20230307_100552.jpg
    20230307_100552.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 32
Good Morning All. Foggy and 53°. High yesterday was 54°, so it didn't go down much overnight. However it did rain and then some more. Started a bit before midnight, over by 0100 with 1.75"; combined with yesterday morning I got 2.25" in the last 24 hours. That will make for a quick prelude for Spring coming up. High Saturday expected to be over 80° before cooling off for a few days. So in the first 9 days of this month, I have gotten 4.55" of rainfall. The lake across the road is full and is probably going over it's spillway after last night. I don't intend to go over the fence and go back there to look though. It's a Corp of Engineers flood control lake with a very large dam and spillway system.

We're making the last minute preparations today for the trip to Memphis tomorrow; for the delayed Celebration of Life and burial for my late Aunt. While tomorrow is forecast to be clear there, Saturday during the service there is supposed to be rain. I'll be taking the wife's laptop and checking in, but not much else. I don't use the phone for anything but talking to folks. Old fashioned I guess.

Yesterday, out in the train shed, I finally got around to painting the horizon portion of the backdrop that I painted several months ago. I purposely waited to get parts of the refinery in place so I didn't waste time painting where it would be covered up.
IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3204.JPG

Still need to redo that screw and add highlights, other than it's location it wasn't really that hard.

Patrick - Congratulations to your daughter for the EE degree. But I agree with Todd & Tom O, cut the apron strings and let the daughter fix the wiring.
Tom O - Continuing with the geography theme, Russia is indeed a transcontinental country. Not many of them, the only other one that I can think of is Egypt, because the Sinai Peninsula is actually in Asia. There may also be some of the former USSR places that are now independent countries that fit the bill, but probably just barely. Maybe Kazakhstan.
Good move on Terry's part to split with the accountants. Good luck with a qualified replacement firm.
Chris - Population-wise I believe that India is second only to China. If I recall, they are the only two countries with over one billion citizens. Last time I looked, US was a distant 3rd with just 25% of either China or India.
Troy - Seems like taking our advice and seeing a doctor may have done some good. Of course you may have been already planning on that but didn't mention it.
Mike - In my brother's neighborhood in Dallas, bulk item trash pickup is once a month on a Monday. They're allowed to start putting stuff out on Saturday. Normally by Monday morning, most of the furniture and appliances are gone. Folks with vans and trailers know the schedule and descend en masse to pick it up by Monday.

Everybody have a great day.

Well, "rain" delay of 2 hours, but email is moving...to the new cloud server.

Tell people to stay out of email, and 30 people send me emails, (after the stay out on Thursday until we notify you messages the past few days) whether email is ready. I can't wait to see how many open the test spam email messages we're planning in 2 weeks.

Good Morning all.

Cool and breezy this morning with temps in the low 30s. I think that is our high, as there supposed to slowly fall throughout the day. Rain/snow mix for this afternoon into tonight. Not supposed to be any accumulation. We shall see.

Happy safe Thursday all!

Well I verified my pre-orders this morning with Trainworld to see where we are at with my orders.

ATHEARN G75822 SD70M W/DCC & SOUND, UNION PACIFIC #4015​

Expected AvailabilitySunday 30th April 2023

ATLAS #20006707 50'6" BOX CAR PAN AM #32018​

ATLAS #20006708 50'6" BOX CAR PAN AM #32024​

Expected AvailabilityFriday 31st March 2023

Not to far off before I have these on my roster. I am looking forward to the SD70M for sure. It will go great behind my Big Boy....

Other news;

More weather coming on Saturday. Temperatures seem to be on the norms at the moment. We have a lot of snow on the ground from the last 2 storms. Last Friday was a doozy as we got minimum of 18 inches. Not sure what we will get this weekend. I will be working from home tomorrow and knock off early. Today I am in the office and will be l stopping on the way home to get a my free haircut for that I get for this year. I won a raffle over the holidays so it was nice to get that. I only pay tip and that's it. Worth it!

Fishing season is on the horizon and I am shifting my thoughts there. I have a new boat cover and bimini top coming next month. I am looking forward to getting out on the water. I have never had a bimini top on my boat but since my lady will be joining me on my trips I wanted to add it for additional comfort and sun protection or even rain if needed. It makes for a nice addition. I actually wanted to do this for a while but kept putting it off but now I have the motivation to do it. ;)

My buddy Andy will be stopping by tonight for a little running train session and programing 2 of his locomotives. Also for him to drool over my roster/inventory. It will be fun to talk trains and what not.

Ya'll have a good one!

Troy - Seems like taking our advice and seeing a doctor may have done some good. Of course you may have been already planning on that but didn't mention it.
While I was at the Ortho Walk-in clinic, I told the NP "I actually feel good. Like when your car makes a noise, until you stop at the mechanic."

Judging by the shift in how I felt Tues morning, I had turned the corner. But, the steroids will, hopefully shorten the recovery time.

What was especially good was seeing my Xrays and being told that spacing between the vertebrae showed no disk collapse (yet).

Tell people to stay out of email, and 30 people send me emails, (after the stay out on Thursday until we notify you messages the past few days) whether email is ready. I can't wait to see how many open the test spam email messages we're planning in 2 weeks.

Hmmmm.... The Nigerian Prince? The Stranded Astronaut needs money to get home? Your Amazon account is locked? Which fake email will it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back