Status
Not open for further replies.
88ED658F-9024-44C6-A497-BD5EC8286F25.jpeg
8D579DE3-41AE-4FFE-9C38-F07DC3504112.jpeg
E4CE8D26-9CB4-46EE-9873-6D8FEE18EEC7.jpeg
7110308D-CA92-4D56-8279-3629FDC76175.jpeg
E548D662-1039-4CD4-87E6-716F158DE535.jpeg
A7DD01E3-6D47-4E40-BD85-3FBA530C4098.jpeg

The weather folks got this forcast right. It started out as a light rain early this afternoon to all out snow. I should of known it was going to do something, the state trucks were out salting this afternoon before it hi They said no accumulation this morning, but its really coming down and has covered everything.

Well, since Willie asked for updates:

Here are some more Crusader Military Knights. This go, Knights of St. Lazarus of Jerusalem

Been pushing to get these done quick, but I'd never painted that much white cloth. Trying to "weather" it for the desert was challenging, and I repainted the horses twice.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.56.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.57.04 PM.png

Started building a small cabin/out building for my dad's layout. Experimenting with shingle and siding techniques. The shingles are sticker paper run silhouette and the siding are also stips of the same paper. Everything else is 0.02" styrene except for the decking which is about 0.015".

Attachments

• IMG_20230309_190841168.jpg
    IMG_20230309_190841168.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20230309_190826778.jpg
    IMG_20230309_190826778.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20230309_190820372.jpg
    IMG_20230309_190820372.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 31
Good morning. It's clear and 60.
I finished/filed/paid my fed and state taxes. Withholding single/no deductions, plus an additional $20/week wasn't nearly enough to cover the taxes. Ideally, I like to get a refund of $50 or so for fed, and $10 or so for state. Looks like I need to increase how much gets withheld.

Good morning. It's clear and 60.
I finished/filed/paid my fed and state taxes. Withholding single/no deductions, plus an additional $20/week wasn't nearly enough to cover the taxes. Ideally, I like to get a refund of $50 or so for fed, and $10 or so for state. Looks like I need to increase how much gets withheld.
No state income tax in Florida, so kiss that one goodbye.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those who get to pay taxes,

It's Troy again.

Up and at em! Changed the water in the cat's fountain. Did my morning stretches. Beginning the dive into the pot of coffee.

It snowed 🥶. Looks like we got about an inch. Pavement was warm enough it's melted off the roadways and most sidewalks (pavements for those of you in the UK).

Looks like we've got a bit more coming, then a break until Sunday. Map below is current RADAR for Chicago IL to Toledo OH

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 5.23.00 AM.png

Closing in on the end of this book. Realized that I need to add in a lot of SCENT-sory detail (a subcategory of sensory detail). One of the clues will be an odor. So, to keep the clue from jumping out, I need to give the main character lots of scents to notice.

Time to word the words. Be nice to Flo and Francine while I'm chained to the computer. Flo says she'll unlock me if I get at least 2000 words done today.

Good morning gang

34° and cloudy this morning, cold rain expected most of the day with a high of 42°. On the bright side, at least it’s not snow!

Flo can I please have a large coffee and a southwestern breakfast burrito with a side of scrapple.

BBL

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 46° here. No rain in the last 24 hours. Fair weather predicted for the next week or so.
We're leaving for Memphis in a couple of hours, looks like that storm system that hit here yesterday is going to be just SE of us all of the way, and moving that way towards Mississippi and Alabama.

Grocery trip was OK yesterday, no food outages and prices have stabilized, at least for this week. Gasoline has gone up with all stations over $3/gal again.
One sign of getting old is that it took longer to pack medications for this trip than to pack clothes!:confused:

Since I'll be away for a few days, I spent all of my time out in the train shed yesterday just running various trains. A few staging to staging unit trains interspersed with a couple of local out and back switching runs. Switching is still done randomly depending on which town I am headed for, but I do line up cars for efficient switching. I have a switching program that I have not activated yet. While my car inventory and shippers/receivers/frequencies information is all in the database, the car locations for 800 freight cars is not entered yet. Program doesn't work without that, and once set up is tough to correct if I deviate. For it to really work well, I need to install a wifi extender and get a laptop or tablet for the train shed. I could transfer everything to a laptop and operate that way, but I prefer to maintain the database on the desktop.

Tom O -
unscheduled but “planned“ water releases.
????
Troy - That's good news about no disk collapse.
Mikey - Yeah! We're going to start hearing and reading about every train derailment in the whole country now. Fact is that there historically have been over 1000 per year for years now. Bu it's something for the media to get excited about for a while. Remember spy balloons???
Tom -
no meat today.
One of the things that sucks about the wake tonight is that steak is one menu option, but I'll have to take the fish option. Maybe I could get the steak to go and have it for breakfast tomorrow.

Today is International Bagpipe Day. What a mostly obnoxious instrument. Short spurts are OK, but have you ever had to listen to a bagpipe solo - the pits!
I hear my wife stirring back in the bedroom/bathroom so it's time to get ready. I'm taking the laptop and camera so there may be trip updates coming up. I'll definitely check in every morning if able.
Everybody have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Last edited:
Morning all,

Email move went off with the "rain" delay and we managed to get almost everyone back in. There are some stragglers that we need to touch along with getting the copy machines setup to send scans to email. I figured out 2 of them (2 different companies) and there are multiples of these. I really need to get the oddballs figured out along the way. Fortunately, I can get to them through web portals, which makes life a little easier.

Currently 31° and cloudy with sun and 51° later today.

Taxes done long and and got them back quick. Yes I have too much withheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back