Running Bear's February 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherril,
I got the wood at a building materials auction a few years ago for the layout. Got a whole hack for 53 cents a board. The same #1 board sells for close to $8.50
now!
I had forgotten about that - What a score you made! Lumber these days is outrageously priced.
I should have followed a friend and two of my cousins who bought and bought and bought hundreds of acres of timber in AR, LA, and TX. They are now sitting on fortunes.

Willie - nice job on the tanks - lots of wrk getting there!

RAY - Where have you been hiding? Miss yur wit and news from "down-under".

Good morning, all. Awoke to 62°, with predictions going to mid 70's. Did a curbside early yesterday, and then some family visits.
Did get to run some trains and show off the new buildings.

Sherrell - Moose, bull dog, easy to get mixed up, It's California.
Todd - If I found Rufus wearing a Fedora, I'm not sure I'd know what to do.
Willie - If you're interested in detail, four small lines would run up the outside of the stairway. Usually 1" pipe, compressed air, water, steam and electrical conduit. There would be utility stations on every other landing.
TomO - I've heard it said that getting old ain't for sissies.

Not sure what today's agenda is, so playing with my ear. Paying it by ear, that's what I meant.

A throw down for Guy:
1676828747263.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good evening gang!

Been a busy beaver today! East staging yard benchwork has been erected! In is also is storage shelves and drawers for rolling stock storage.
See when I was in the modular club, the preferred method of moving trains from home to show and back again was Spring Mills Depot boxes. So now I have 16 boxes and 3 tote bags with 95% of my rolling stock inside. Now They all can be stored at the staging yard, and can be accessed easily. All I need to do now is install a hard deck on top and lay the yard out, then connect to the main layout benchwork.
View attachment 162532View attachment 162533
Yes, that is a mini (beer) fridge in the middle of the benchwork. Man has to respect his priorities!

MILW, That's a sharp looking E-unit!

Smudge, holy exploded views Batman! What step is step 1??

Speaking of cold ones in the fridge, I'm on my second!

BBL
I hate that we lost Spring Mills boxes! They are unsurpassed for storing passenger cars. I'm using the smaller Axion boxes for everything now that you can't get them anymore. :mad:

I muffed that try! I meant Bulldog - like this!

HOWEVER, SANTA FE DID HAVE A STEAMER THEY CALLED A "BULL MOOSE".

Good morning from sunny, cool CA.
34 degrees going up to 67 for a high with severe clear!
Francine - large coffee, biscuits and gravy - large bowl this morning with a side of bacon, PATY!
You sure that wasn't the UP? They had a 2-8-8-0 they called a Bull Moose. I don't recall Santa Fe having that nickname, but I could be wrong. Happens once in a while! 😁

Good morning! Clear skies and fair temps. Daytona 500 is today and other than that nothin' interesting is going on. I hope everyone has a good morning.

Willie- Those tanks look good on the layout
Ctclibby- Sorry to hear that you've had so many issues :(
TLOC- I agree, the show was in a big space, but the vendors and layouts were so large it really didn't seem that big.
MILW: Is it not why there is Space and Time? Space is for where things happen, Time keeps them from happening all at once!

Later

Afternoon All,

Started out with chores then ran errands so no train room time today. Today is daughter's 44th birthday so we're going out to supper with her. Tomorrow is a 4 am wakeup to get Dad to the airport 😢. I've completed all the parts of the kit except the ladders. I'll try the etched brass first, then if that doesn't work it's the resin ones.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Smudge- Sounds like Walthers instructions.

Terry- I'll PM you in a couple of days.

Steve- Nice photos.

Karl- Great start to the benchwork. I have the Axion boxes.

Joe- Great RS1 photo.

Swal- They're ridding your yard of harmful insects.

Gary- Good progress on your layout.

Todd- Good luck with your problems.

Willie- Great job on the tank complex.

Hughie- Nice scene.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Texas said, download "Phone Link" app to your PC, found in MS Store. Texas I downloaded this yesterday and it worked 1st time out. The below photos were transferred using it. Thanks
I just have to install 2 cabinets then have the glass door guy come over and the project will be finished. Although I added blocking for the shower safety bars I forgot to add some for the towel and toilet paper assessors. Now I have drill 3/8 inch holes through the tile and use anchors.
Swal

IMG_20230219_140904367.jpg
IMG_20230219_140945065_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230219_140834947.jpg

Texas said, download "Phone Link" app to your PC, found in MS Store. Texas I downloaded this yesterday and it worked 1st time out. The below photos were transferred using it. Thanks
I just have to install 2 cabinets then have the glass door guy come over and the project will be finished. Although I added blocking for the shower safety bars I forgot to add some for the towel and toilet paper assessors. Now I have drill 3/8 inch holes through the tile and use anchors.
Swal

View attachment 162567View attachment 162569View attachment 162570
Super looking bathroom. Do you ever work in TX?

Hughie - Thanks for that detail. I will take a look at doing that.
They would sit side by side in unistrut, maybe 2-1/2 to 3" center to center. You would also see the same lines running parallel to the floor of the loading racks. They would branch up to utility stations spaced out along the platform's handrails, mavbe 30 ft. apart. Loading racks could also have a additional line for nitrogen, used to purge cars and lines.

Last edited:
Swal

View attachment 162567View attachment 162569View attachment 162570
WOW! now I know who to call if I ever need one myself.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who can smell what Troy is Cookin'

Kroger had the cut of meat for only $2 more than the steak I had two nights ago, also from Kroger. So I bought em both.

Didn't get the Kamado started as quickly as I intended this morning, so I had to throw the meat on then take the wife out to the good Italian place for lunch. Gotta get there before the Basptist church lets out. :p

Here's the meat of the day:

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 3.55.20 PM.png

Yep... it was kinda smokey due to the grill not being totally stabile.

But, with that Meater® probe in it, and the iPad inside the condo talking to the probe, I could sync my phone to watch it from afar!

Here's where it was about an hour ago, right after the "foil boat" was applied. Need to protect the bottom from the heat as I turned it up a bit. This thing is taking longer than my brisket flats take.

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 3.54.56 PM.png

Can you all smell it? Had some hickory wood in the coal bed earlier. Couldn't find my bag of apple wood. Found it after I had to do an emergency run to the store to get more Apple Cider Vinegar to do the bark spritz with. Of course, I forgot to check on the ACV... we were out.

Dinner's at 6:30... Hope it's done resting by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back